Author Topic: Why Are We Still Listening to John Bolton? - Jerrod A. Laber, American Conservative  (Read 437 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why Are We Still Listening to John Bolton?
Another Washington pundit ‘fails up’ and into our living rooms as TV talking head.
By Jerrod A. Laber • September 14, 2017

Former Ambassador John Bolton is again raising the battle cry for pre-emptive war on television and in the newspapers, this time with North Korea, though this is hardly new, considering he did his best to derail diplomatic talks between the U.S. and the Kim regime when he was a member of the Bush Administration in 2001. Like a bad broken record, Bolton offers the same reckless militarism that’s proven him wrong so many times before, though his reputation as a foreign policy “expert”—particularly in conservative media circles—didn’t seem to suffer much.

His latest call is for reunifying the Korean peninsula—with China leading the charge. If that fails, the U.S. should consider its own military attack on the regime. He admits that it would “undoubtedly be dangerous and somewhat chaotic,” but “whatever the risks, they pale before the risks of nuclear conflict emanating from the erratic Kim regime.”

Continued: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/why-are-we-still-listening-to-john-bolton/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:20:29 am by TomSea »

Online DB

History has shown ignoring growing threats like Iran and NK turn out just fine... Or not...

There will be hell to pay with the likely cost of millions of lives... But oh well... They were "peace makers" until the people started dying in great numbers...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can't  speak for others but I listen to John Bolton because he is one of the damned few in Washington who has his head screwed on straight!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:32:30 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The American Conservative does not usually post opposing remarks, in case, someone tries too, they seem to mainly have an echo chamber and per wikipedia, Pat Buchanan is a founder of TAC. I like Buchanan but not on every topic. On this particular subject, I need to find out more.