Author Topic: Stay the Course, Mr. President (Erickson)  (Read 927 times)

Offline corbe

Stay the Course, Mr. President (Erickson)
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:30:47 pm »
Stay the Course, Mr. President

By Erick Erickson  |  September 18, 2017, 08:09am  |  @ewerickson

News broke over the weekend in the Wall Street Journal that President Trump would walk away from his promise to walk away from the Paris Climate Accord. Instead, according to reports, he would look to make changes.

Thankfully, President Trump and White House staff have now forcefully come out against the idea. According to General H. R. McMaster, President Trump will absolutely be withdrawing the United States from the Paris accord. Good.

But there is a catch in McMaster’s wording that we need to figure out.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/stay-the-course-mr-president/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Re: Stay the Course, Mr. President (Erickson)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:35:15 pm »
There's always a catch in just about anything Trump says.  First and foremost, is it a lie or not. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:38:03 pm »
There's always a catch in just about anything Trump says.  First and foremost, is it a lie or not.

@Oceander

Its so bad you'd almost think he was a lawyer.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:45:41 pm »
@Oceander

Its so bad you'd almost think he was a lawyer.

Nah, he's much worse than that.  Look at how many people dislike lawyers, and how many people still fawn all over Trump even though it's pretty clear now that his election campaign was one big fat lie. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:46:47 pm »
Wasn't Eric Erickson one of the original, most vocal "never trumpers"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:06:24 pm »
   No @DCPatriot that was me, but Eric and I have both come to see the light at the end of the tunnel in the last 8 months.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »

The problem is the President is very quick to contradict his staff. Huckabee-Sanders made a tweet a few days ago 'clarifying' the President's position on DACA, only to have her contradicted by Trump's own twitter account a few hours later.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »

No @DCPatriot that was me, but Eric and I have both come to see the light at the end of the tunnel in the last 8 months.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/erick-erickson-trump-mea-culpa-231166    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 06:40:19 pm »
Trump is... learning. I don't agree with him on DACA or on this climate deal thing (if he flip flops that is), but he seems to have reigned in his twitter the last few weeks. Despite what others might have though, I never 100% gave up on him. I think there's still time to save his Presidency.

I remember some Ted Cruz staffer said that if Trump didn't change his Presidency was effectively over. I agreed with that 100%. But he seems to be changing. Hopefully it continues.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 07:52:07 pm »
Trump is... learning. I don't agree with him on DACA or on this climate deal thing (if he flip flops that is), but he seems to have reigned in his twitter the last few weeks. Despite what others might have though, I never 100% gave up on him. I think there's still time to save his Presidency.

I remember some Ted Cruz staffer said that if Trump didn't change his Presidency was effectively over. I agreed with that 100%. But he seems to be changing. Hopefully it continues.

Sorry, @Weird Tolkienish Figure ...., not believable.

Knowing you, this is merely an attempt to get something 'positive' about Trump in your history.     :laugh:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 09:36:24 pm »

Knowing you, this is merely an attempt to get something 'positive' about Trump in your history.     :laugh:

:shrug:

Believe what you want, i could care less.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 09:40:04 pm »

Dunno what you're talking about, DC.  WTF has defended Trump on a number of occasions.  I remember because I disagreed with him on some.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:04 pm »

@Oceander

I always assume so and then if I'm pleasantly surprised, fine.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:54 pm »
Wasn't Eric Erickson one of the original, most vocal "never trumpers"?

@DCPatriot Patriot

Yeah.  What's wrong with that?