Author Topic: Hannity: GOP leaders have pushed Trump into arms of Schumer, Pelosi  (Read 6967 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannity: GOP leaders have pushed Trump into arms of Schumer, Pelosi
By Julia Manchester - 09/15/17 08:16 AM EDT

Conservative talk show host Sean Hannity blames congressional Republicans for President Trump's continued dialogue with Democratic leaders, saying late Thursday that the GOP's unwillingness to pass legislation drove the president into Democrats' arms.

"What you're watching unfold here is the failure that has literally pushed this president into the arms of Charles Schumer and Nancy Pelosi," Hannity said on the Fox News Channel.

"Republicans in the House and Senate have zero sense of urgency, no sense of accountability. And even after promising for years and years and years they would deliver for you the American people, they have not," he continued.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/350808-hannity-gop-leaders-have-pushed-trump-into-arms-of-schumer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Hannity: GOP leaders have pushed Trump into arms of Schumer, Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:13:28 pm »
Memo to Sean: Trump wasn't forced to do a damn thing, he went to Chuck & Nancy because he wanted to.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 01:22:04 pm »
Memo to Sean: Trump wasn't forced to do a damn thing, he went to Chuck & Nancy because he wanted to.

I agree, the blame game is getting old and tiresome.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 01:30:55 pm »

Memo to @Night Hides Not :  The President had a choice:  be held hostage to the worthless, lying members of the Republican Senatorial Caucus or look for others ready to negotiate.  Inaction is not in the President's blood.

Your worthless handful of lying Republican Senators --- the ones you are now protecting and defending --- have failed Americans miserably.    But, I suppose to you this matters less than promoting your hate for the President.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »

It's not a "blame game" .... it's understanding what's been going on with the Republican Party for far too long.

The election of Donald Trump is indeed proving to be the Republican great unmasking.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 01:32:58 pm »
:bigsilly:

The excuses from the Trump(D) personality cult are really getting whacko.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »
"She was asking for it.  She dresses provocatively."
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 01:35:33 pm »
Tool.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »
"She was asking for it.  She dresses provocatively."

So, are you pleased that the Republican Senate failed to act on repealing Obamacare after promising to do so for 7 years @Polly Ticks

Had the President negotiated with Democrat Senators from red states he carried -- instead of trusting the Republicans could get the job done-- we'd be in a very different place vis-à-vis Obamacare.

This is especially true with tax reform and immigration reform which--thanks to McConnell--will still require 60 votes. 

Why do you so resent the President learning that not only can he not trust Republicans in the Senate to get the job done-- but most of the job requires Democrat votes?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:05:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 02:11:02 pm »

The GOP leadership, in  not working on things like repealing Obamacare and tax reform, now gives Donald Trump an excuse to go to where he's more comfortable and that's working with Democrats
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:16:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 02:13:34 pm »

The GOP leadership, in  not working on things like repealing Obamacare and tax reform, now gives Donald Trump an excuse to go to where he's more comfortable with and that's working with Democrats

I'm worried this is not a ploy. Schwarzenegger did exactly the same thing in CA. He ran left and he stayed left - the path of least resistance.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 02:18:06 pm »

What do you expect?

After all these geniuses go to these Trump rallies and chant "Lock her up" by the thousands as Trump stands there with that idiotic grin soaking it up knowing full well that his friends "The Clintons have suffered enough" and has no intention of seeing them pursued legally.

Online LMAO

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 02:19:54 pm »

I'm worried this is not a ploy. Schwarzenegger did exactly the same thing in CA. He ran left and he stayed left - the path of least resistance.

Keep in mind that Trump has stated he would good have a good working relationship with Schumer and Pelosi ,  has the voiced support for single payer, supported so-called assault weapon bans, and said back in 2005 he identifies more as a Democrat.

His supporters, during the primary,  either ignored all of this or explained it away.  Maybe he really hasn't changed all that much from his previous positions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

Sean isn't exactly helping Trump here. 1, it makes Trump looks like a piss poor negotiator and leader. 2. It makes him look like a doofus pawn who can be manipulated and pulled in any direction.

Of course the third alternative is he is just gravitating to his natural liberal state and shedding the character he created for the last deal.

Online LMAO

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 02:24:56 pm »
Sean isn't exactly helping Trump here. 1, it makes Trump looks like a piss poor negotiator and leader. 2. It makes him look like a doofus pawn who can be manipulated and pulled in any direction.

Of course the third alternative is he is just gravitating to his natural liberal state and shedding the character he created for the last deal.

I think we're seeing number three

Barry Goldwater

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »
So, are you pleased that the Republican Senate failed to act on repealing Obamacare after promising to do so for 7 years @Polly Ticks

Had the President negotiated with Democrat Senators from red states he carried -- instead of trusting the Republicans could get the job done-- we'd be in a very different place vis-à-vis Obamacare.

This is especially true with tax reform and immigration reform which--thanks to McConnell--will still require 60 votes. 

Why do you so resent the President learning that not only can he not trust Republicans in the Senate to get the job done-- but most of the job requires Democrat votes?

@Right_in_Virginia
Don't be ridiculous.  I am quite obviously not pleased that the Senate has not repealed Obamacare as promised.

I wouldn't resent it if Trump were out courting Democratic votes from red states, but given that we are talking about running 'into the arms of Schumer and Pelosi' here that doesn't apply, does it.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »
What do you expect?

After all these geniuses go to these Trump rallies and chant "Lock her up" by the thousands as Trump stands there with that idiotic grin soaking it up knowing full well that his friends "The Clintons have suffered enough" and has no intention of seeing them pursued legally.

@Cripplecreek

It's like Bill Kristol said--"Trump thinks his followers are idiots.  But eventually people wake up to the con.  Eventually.  I think."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:40:11 pm by CatherineofAragon »

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 02:45:22 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Don't be ridiculous.  I am quite obviously not pleased that the Senate has not repealed Obamacare as promised.

I wouldn't resent it if Trump were out courting Democratic votes from red states, but given that we are talking about running 'into the arms of Schumer and Pelosi' here that doesn't apply, does it.

He's not running into anyone's arms @Polly Ticks  The President's talking to them. 

Another thing I don't understand is why you believe Pelosi's and Schumer's version of events--hook, line and sinker.  When did Pelosi and Schumer earn such unwavering trust?

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 02:46:01 pm »
I guess Hannity is going to be faithful to the end.  Meanwhile there's a "burn my MAGA hat" hashtag on Twitter with people posting videos of just that. 

A couple have said Cruz should've been the nominee.  If only someone had tried to tell them that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:49 pm »
He's not running into anyone's arms @Polly Ticks  The President's talking to them. 

Another thing I don't understand is why you believe Pelosi's and Schumer's version of events--hook, line and sinker.  When did Pelosi and Schumer earn such unwavering trust?

@Right_in_Virginia

Yesterday you said you trusted Trump.  When did he earn it?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:28 pm »
I remember hearing how Russian peasants would never suspect the Czar, and later on Soviet leaders like Joseph Stalin, of anything bad, they were always "deceived by their advisers and didn't know what was going on" or something like that.

I guess Trump fans are no different.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Take it up with Hannity.  It's his quote.

"What you're watching unfold here is the failure that has literally pushed this president into the arms of Charles Schumer and Nancy Pelosi," Hannity said on the Fox News Channel.

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 02:54:07 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Take it up with Hannity.  It's his quote.

Good point @Polly Ticks  ^-^

So, when did you put your faith in the words from Pelosi and Schumer?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 02:54:19 pm »
Memo to @Night Hides Not :  The President had a choice:  be held hostage to the worthless, lying members of the Republican Senatorial Caucus or look for others ready to negotiate.  Inaction is not in the President's blood.

Your worthless handful of lying Republican Senators --- the ones you are now protecting and defending --- have failed Americans miserably.    But, I suppose to you this matters less than promoting your hate for the President.

When all else fails, cast the accusation of "hater".

If you think I'm defending the GOPe, your case of cognitive dissonance is worse than I thought.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 02:55:23 pm »

What happened to the Trump plan that during the election he said he was putting the finishing touches on, and it will be more affordable for all Americans, and people are going to love it?"believe me".    Never heard another word about it...Because there never was a Trump plan. Except for the gullibal
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn