Author Topic: Blast sends fireball through packed District line Tube train - London (breaking)  (Read 1635 times)

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:15:53 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
BBC just announced it's being treated as terrorism

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-london-41218382

(Sorry on iPhone can't cut and paste articles)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:23:44 am by Freya »

Oceander

So far there doesn't appear to be any fatalities. 

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
So far there doesn't appear to be any fatalities.

My phone woke me up with texts and alerts about this,  I think since I just got rid of my landline, I'm going to have to turn off the phone at night so I can sleep.

I'm getting 18 hurt, no deaths.

I'm also getting the Pound is trading at an all time high since the Brexit announcement.
@Oceander

Weird.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:45:38 am by Freya »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSEParsons Green bucket bomb was ‘amateur’ device like the pressure-cooker Boston explosives that failed to detonate fully, experts claim

Some 18 people were left with horrific burn injuries after flames ripped through the eastbound train carriage in London this morning.
By Corey Charlton

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4472097/parsons-green-bomb-tube-boston-bombing-explosion/

See map, happened in the Fulham area, a well-known area.

Such a horrific attack is bad enough, thankfully, the damage done does not look real bad.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:00:20 am by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

FOX News: Reports of a terrorist on the loose with knives.
... The ambulance service said at least one of the injuries was thought to be serious or life-threatening and most of the injuries were flash burns.

Passengers reported seeing people with burns to their faces and bodies after the "massive flash of flames" on the tube station. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Initial reports falsely suggested a knifeman was on the loose and a second bomb was being detonated
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4472097/parsons-green-bomb-tube-boston-bombing-explosion/

Reports of knifeman seem to have been dismissed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Let's hope the police are on guard for a repeat attempt on the ride home tonight as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Rivergirl

Saw a picture online early this morning.   No damage to see inside the train.  A shopping bag with flames about 1 ft. high.   Seems like it was a flash bang with most of the injuries due to the stampede.

rangerrebew

London Tube: IED detonated on rush hour train, police say it’s terrorism

September 15, 2017 8:37 am By Robert Spencer 10 Comments

More militant Methodists? Possibly. But there is a chance that another group that is often identified by Western authorities as having nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism may be involved.

“London Tube: ‘Improvised explosive device’ detonated on rush hour train,” by Laura Smith-Spark, Erin McLaughlin and Nina dos Santos, CNN, September 15, 2017:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/09/london-tube-ied-detonated-rush-hour-train-police-say-terrorism

rangerrebew

Are the police in Britain all Oxford educated?  They must be to make the determination an IED exploding on a train is terrorism!  Even at that, they probably had to get permission to call it terrorism from Prime Minister May. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline goatprairie

The wife and I spend four days in London last June.   We took the Tube from our hotel every morning into downtown London. The recent terrorist attacks in London were on our minds.  Didn't see any obviously suspicious characters, but the wife said she was always looking around for them.  The route we took was not the same route as where this explosion occurred.

Oceander

Of course Trump (D) just had to wade in with another pointless yet inflammatory tweet. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Are the police in Britain all Oxford educated?  They must be to make the determination an IED exploding on a train is terrorism!  Even at that, they probably had to get permission to call it terrorism from Prime Minister May. *****rollingeyes*****
Wouldn't you love to have been in the meeting where they finally had to decide on the 'T' word, I imagine it would have been Pythonesque with all of the outrageous things they threw out, perhaps it was a dead parrot which exploded due to a build up of internal decomposition gasses, before the reality of the situation forced them to say terrorism.

Prayers for the injured and hopes they recover quickly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:08:32 pm by GtHawk »

Offline goatprairie

Wouldn't you love to have been in the meeting where they finally had to decide on the 'T' word, I imagine it would have been Pythonesque with all of the outrageous things they threw out, perhaps it was a dead parrot which exploded due to a build up of internal decomposition gasses, before the reality of the situation forced them to say terrorism.
I think the average British citizen realizes the situation. Only the gov. tries to main a p.c. facade, but even they have to eventually face facts.
I would bet 99% of the citizens of the civilized world knew it was most likely an Islamic  terrorist attack when they first heard the news.  I'm sure most of the British gov. types knew it as well ....including the Muslim London mayor.

Offline dfwgator

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I think the average British citizen realizes the situation. Only the gov. tries to main a p.c. facade, but even they have to eventually face facts.
I would bet 99% of the citizens of the civilized world knew it was most likely an Islamic  terrorist attack when they first heard the news.  I'm sure most of the British gov. types knew it as well ....including the Muslim London mayor.
No doubt, I was only thinking of the bureaucrats, including here in America, that will try and put the blame on anything but the actual cause when it comes to a situation like this because it's either not PC or is contrary to the official position.

Offline goatprairie

No doubt, I was only thinking of the bureaucrats, including here in America, that will try and put the blame on anything but the actual cause when it comes to a situation like this because it's either not PC or is contrary to the official position.
I can't believe even most brain dead libs (I know, redundant) didn't immediately think it was another Islamic terror attack.  They want to believe otherwise, but after frequenting the boards of some lib web forums, many of them are getting fed up with defending Islamic terrorists.
After one Islamic terror attack that killed a number of people on one lib forum one of the less wacky libs asked why they should defend Muslims when they hated all religions. Why should they make an exception for Islam, the most oppressive and violent religion on the planet?
The reason of course why many libs choose to ignore the facts is that many libs, like many Muslims, hate their own country, America. So the enemy of my enemy is my friend paradigm is in rule here.
Except Islamic terrorists hate everybody who is not a Muslim...including all the nutty libs who want to be their friends.
I remember when that Iranian president Ahmadinnerjacket spoke at Columbia u.  A number of truly insane libs praised him.  Because Bush II was president, and libs hated Bush II more than they hated the Iranian butcher who would gladly have had many of them executed for being homosexuals or nonbelievers.
 One self-identified lesbian even pronounced her love for A-dinnerjacket even as she said she knew she'd most likely be executed if she lived in Iran.
That's how truly nutty many libs are.

Offline Mod2

Merged two threads on same subject.

Online mountaineer

Pamela Geller reports a second bomb was found at another tube station.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Saw a picture online early this morning.   No damage to see inside the train.  A shopping bag with flames about 1 ft. high.   Seems like it was a flash bang with most of the injuries due to the stampede.
Could have been a fizzle. A badly constructed casing could turn a potentially nasty IED into a pyrotechnic device, depending on the explosive used. Stuff like TATP ("Mother of Satan") goes bad after a little bit and just doesn't store well. Smokeless powders (actually a propellant) will flash unless contained in such a way as to build up sufficient pressure to cause a blast effect when the casing ruptures. If the casing can't take the pressure, it would rupture prematurely ('small' bang) and the remaining propellant flash.

Prayers up for the victims, and I hope they catch the bomber.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

At some point western countries are going to have to confront the prospect of having to ban Islam.  Unless Islam reforms (I'm not holding my breath), I would not put that off the table.  It appears only eastern European countries understand the true nature of Islam.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Once the govt controls transportation by taking away private vehicles, these type of events will become more commonplace.

The freedom to stay away from exposing oneself to this transportation mode is slipping away.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
da goat wrote above:
"At some point western countries are going to have to confront the prospect of having to ban Islam.  Unless Islam reforms (I'm not holding my breath), I would not put that off the table.  It appears only eastern European countries understand the true nature of Islam."

Burma does.
Serbia did.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At some point western countries are going to have to confront the prospect of having to ban Islam.  Unless Islam reforms (I'm not holding my breath), I would not put that off the table.  It appears only eastern European countries understand the true nature of Islam.
I do not foresee the harmonious coexistence some of the libs seem to think could happen. COuntries wil be Islam or not, by at least provinces.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis