Author Topic: Pence: Flight 93 passengers saved us in Washington  (Read 242 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pence: Flight 93 passengers saved us in Washington
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:56:22 pm »
Pence: Flight 93 passengers saved us in Washington

By Joe Mandak | Associated Press

SHANKSVILLE, Pa. — Vice President Mike Pence told the family and friends of the victims of United Flight 93 attending the 16th anniversary ceremony in Pennsylvania that the passengers might well have saved his life.

Monday’s somber service began at 9:45 a.m., the time that federal investigators determined passengers decided to revolt against their four al-Qaeda hijackers, who ended up crashing the plane in a field 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.

The Republican said he was in Washington, as a member of Congress, on 9/11, and learned that the Capitol was a possible target of the hijacked plane, which was only 12 minutes away.

“It was the longest 12 minutes of my life,” he said, adding they soon learned the plane went down in a field in Pennsylvania.

Thirty-three passengers and seven crew members were killed.

Continued: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/11/pence-flight-93-passengers-saved-us-in-washington/

One of the men who took on the hijackers came from a town I know of fairly well. Pretty unbelievable to think about. I believe the last name was Burnett.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:58:40 pm by TomSea »