Author Topic: Grassley and Ernst 'frustrated' with Republican leaders  (Read 707 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Grassley and Ernst 'frustrated' with Republican leaders
« on: September 10, 2017, 11:17:44 pm »
WASHINGTON — It was a lovely early-autumn day on Capitol Hill, but storm clouds were brewing in the offices of U.S. Sens. Joni Ernst and Sen. Chuck Grassley.

Both of Iowa’s Republican senators, looking at the forecast for action in Congress this fall, were vexed with their party’s leadership or inability to act on crucial legislation.

“Again, we’re doing what we’ve always done in Washington, D.C. Things have not changed and I’m really frustrated by it,” Ernst said in an interview in her D.C. office.
Play Video

Congress needs to avert a government shutdown and figure out what to do about the national debt ceiling. Video provided by Newsy Newslook

She was fuming about Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s decision to send lawmakers home last month without dealing with the debt ceiling and the need to fund the government beyond Sept. 30.

“We knew about the debt ceiling, we knew that the fiscal year was coming to an end. And so, why didn’t we stay in August and address this? And so, I’m upset about it,” Ernst said.

Read more at: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/kathie-obradovich/2017/09/08/congress-storms-taxes-grassley-ernst/646203001/
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Re: Grassley and Ernst 'frustrated' with Republican leaders
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:21:22 pm »
All talk.

DO something about your worthless leadership and maybe Iowans will believe you.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:31:45 pm »
All talk.

DO something about your worthless leadership and maybe Iowans will believe you.

Didn't Trump push for that leadership when it was being voted for by congress???

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:34:20 pm »
Didn't Trump push for that leadership when it was being voted for by congress???

Probably. And I'm sure these two clowns voted for it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 12:11:10 am »
So now Congresses inability to deal with Congresses responsibilities is Trumps fault? Wow, I thought we had three separate and equal branches of government.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:16:54 am »
So now Congresses inability to deal with Congresses responsibilities is Trumps fault? Wow, I thought we had three separate and equal branches of government.

In case you missed it, one of Trump's main claims to fame was "draining the swamp". One of the first things he did after getting elected was push for the swamp people to lead congress again. That is all well documented here and this was the predicted result.

So yes, Trump has some direct responsibility for the leadership he helped put into place and what came of it.

Duh...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:35 pm »
Good morning, @jpsb.  Got your talking points warmed up and ready to go?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
Probably. And I'm sure these two clowns voted for it.

Of course they voted for Mitch. They're simply trying to divert attention from their role in this cluster foxtrot of a legislative session.

They were asleep at the switch when it really mattered.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.