Author Topic: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook  (Read 6592 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2017, 06:24:02 pm »
You do realize that we have three co-equal branches of government don't you and that Trump heads only one of those branches. Are you going to blame him for the ridiculous decisions handed out by the 9th too?

'The buck stops here' is a primary admission in the office of the presidency. Or at least it has been.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2017, 06:26:43 pm »
That's right. But the office of the President has enormous power, also as the head of the party... His ability to influence the legislative process cannot be understated. Nor his ability to unify his party - Neither of which having been properly utilized by the current occupant.

Considering the selling point of his great negotiating skills - Much braggadocio obviously based upon little more than flatulence.

I didn't vote for Trump and still don't much care for him personally but I do recognize that he has done some very good things on his own as president and cannot compel a recalcitrant congress to follow his lead and produce meaningful legislation.  I'm separating the wheat from the chaff here!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
You do realize that we have three co-equal branches of government don't you and that Trump heads only one of those branches. Are you going to blame him for the ridiculous decisions handed out by the 9th too?
They are NOT co-equal.  That is a fallacy.

They are definitely separate from each other, but the Founders ensured that the Congress, the closest to the people, which can remove from office members of the other branches and controls the pursestrings, is the most powerful.  The Executive follows as it controls the bureaucracy and military.  Judicial is the weakest of the three as it must depend upon the other branches to execute its orders.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2017, 06:43:48 pm »
I didn't vote for Trump and still don't much care for him personally but I do recognize that he has done some very good things on his own as president and cannot compel a recalcitrant congress to follow his lead and produce meaningful legislation.  I'm separating the wheat from the chaff here!

I see all that, and would merely preface it with that bare fact that he has pissed off absolutely everyone e was going to need in order to govern - A massive flaw, with repercussions that echo yet today. That strategic flaw speaks volumes toward his ineptitude.