Author Topic: Republicans reject 1 percent cut to Interior Department  (Read 812 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Republicans reject 1 percent cut to Interior Department
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:24 pm »
Dozens of House Republicans on Friday voted down language that would have imposed a 1 percent cut on funding for the Department of the Interior, forcing the proposal to fail.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., offered up the language as part of a giant spending bill that combines four of the 12 annual appropriations bills. Blackburn often proposes amendment make a small overall cut to various agencies in order to tackle the $20 trillion national debt.

But Republican opposition prevented its passage.

In a Friday morning vote, 68 Republicans opposed it, prompt it to fail 156-248. In the final vote, 154 Republicans supported Blackburn's plan.

Blackburn was one of several Republicans who backed a Thursday letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., asking him to take up several possible ideas to cut spending.

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republicans-reject-1-percent-cut-to-interior-department/article/2633815
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Republicans reject 1 percent cut to Interior Department
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:08:56 pm »
NOT EVEN 1%????????

GOP is no better that the trash across the aisle.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:09:14 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:10:58 pm »
Its completely broken. It cannot be fixed.

I feel like Joseph Cotton in a 18 foot launch heading towards Niagra falls. No stopping it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:12:55 am »
NOT EVEN 1%????????

What will they cut if they can't cut even that?

If they can't cut even that, there's no way they will ever deal with the biggest drivers of our debt today and in the future(SS,Medicare,Medicaid, Military)
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 03:43:08 am »
Its completely broken. It cannot be fixed.

I'm very afraid you are right!  We have reached the tipping point and it tipped the wrong way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 03:53:58 am »
NOT EVEN 1%????????

They are WORSE than the Communist Democrat trash across the aisle.

Already reading the GOP Party hack Sycophants and morons insisting that we must vote for the GOP to stop Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, Harris and Gellibrand next year.

Screw that and screw such people.  The GOP is BECOME the Democrat Party in total.  Anyone voting for someone in the 2-sided Oligarchy are just contributing to Establishment Communists.  I do not care what supposed 'Conservative' bona-fides they have.  If they are Conservative, they need to GET OUT of the Republican party.

It's a dead party Jim.

Worse than dead. 

They are overt traitors to the cause.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:54:32 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 04:28:19 am »
Why should Interior alone take a 1% cut?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 10:31:25 am »
Why should Interior alone take a 1% cut?

EXACTLY!!!!

That is why Fedzilla as a whole needs to be gutted.  My plan would be to eliminate everything except defense, and have a limited treasury, and state Dept..  I would then eliminate every other Department, Commission, and agency after (2) below.  Then add two which (1)  that basically functions around the logistics, mediation, and coordination  of newly empowered states. (2) Create a short term Commission that determines the level of redundancy fed services have with State and Local governments.  My guess is we have 80-90% redundancy with Fed and State regulatory functions.  Determine those then eliminate them.  Looking roughly at the numbers, I am guessing this could save he taxpayers in the neighborhood of $1 T/yr.  Can you imagine what our economy would do, with $1T re-infused into it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.