Author Topic: Bannon: Catholic Leaders 'Need Illegal Aliens to Fill the Churches'  (Read 466 times)

rangerrebew

Bannon: Catholic Leaders 'Need Illegal Aliens to Fill the Churches'
Thursday, September 7, 2017 07:59 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

The Catholic Church opposes ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program because "they need illegal aliens to fill the churches," former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon says in an interview airing this weekend.

"The Catholic Church has been terrible about this," Bannon, now an executive editor for Breitbart News, told CBS News' Charlie Rose in an excerpt from a "60 Minutes" interview aired Thursday on "CBS This Morning." "The bishops have been terrible about this. You know why. Because unable to really — to come to grips with the problems in the church, they need illegal aliens."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/steve-bannon-catholic-leaders-illegal-aliens-fill/2017/09/07/id/812127/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:09:43 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline MajorClay

Re: Bannon: Catholic Leaders 'Need Illegal Aliens to Fill the Churches'
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:19:58 pm »
It's the truth.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:30 pm »
At least two of the Catholic churches in this area have priests whose second language is English.  Men not born in the US.  As I understand it, there is a shortage of priests.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 02:17:10 pm »
At least two of the Catholic churches in this area have priests whose second language is English.  Men not born in the US.  As I understand it, there is a shortage of priests.

There is very much a shortage of priests.  Don't see what that has to do with illegal immigration though.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 02:17:33 pm »
Bannon is a jacka$$

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 03:05:18 pm »
There is very much a shortage of priests.  Don't see what that has to do with illegal immigration though.

A Spanish speaking priest makes sense in a congregation where Spanish is the first language of the majority of the attendees. 

I guess I left too much unsaid.  Both of these priests are very proactive in defense and protection of the undocumented immigrant community.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:21 pm »
Sorry, but at least in SoCal it's all about illegal immigration, and filling the coffers. my parents lived in Fallbrook, Ca and had to stop going to the local Catholic Church because of the outrageous pandering sand preference to the Hispanics and illegals. They pushed and pushed for the locals to fund a day center which amazingly directed it's services, coffee, donuts and food to the illegal community. The last straw was the priest, intentionally small cap, feeling the need to preach about the plight of the illegals during my dads funeral mass. A large part of my being a lapsed Catholic is the direction so many of the Church have taken. There are bastions of the past still in the Church, like the  Prince of Peace Abbey in Oceanside Ca. that my parents went instead that offers the Latin Mass and the Conservative view of Catholicism, if that's the right way to phrase it.