Author Topic: Democrats ready more demands after surprise win with Trump  (Read 4419 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Democrats ready more demands after surprise win with Trump
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:23:37 am »
Democrats say they plan to build on the surprise spending and debt ceiling agreement they reached with President Trump on Wednesday, by looking to win more concessions on their own agenda items in the months ahead.

"We have an effective leadership here that keeps the team together and I think it really helps," Rep. Jim McGovern, D-Mass., a longtime member who sits on the powerful House Rules Committee, told the Washington Examiner. "We are going to, as theses spending bills go forward, I think we are going to be able to exert a little more leverage than I think our Republican friends appreciate."....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-ready-more-demands-after-surprise-win-with-trump/article/2633635

Offline stephen50right

Re: Democrats ready more demands after surprise win with Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:40:02 am »

Trump will never be allied with the likes of Schumer and Pelosi.

Compromise is not a synonym for alliance.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:44:16 am »

LOL, keep telling yourself that. For most of his history he was aligned with them and financing them. He only played a different character when it was convenient for him to do so. Now he is back to the same old Trump.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:47:06 am »
   That meme is disgraceful @AbaraXas it's obvious you're not contributing to the peace and harmony here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 04:21:35 am »
LOL, keep telling yourself that. For most of his history he was aligned with them and financing them. He only played a different character when it was convenient for him to do so. Now he is back to the same old Trump.

Did you know that Trump graduated from the New York Military Academy? It would be rare, if possibly never, any liberal who would do that. That is proof that Trump leaned conservative even in his teens.

You should know that Trump smoozed with Democrats for business reasons to get his magnificent projects built. If Trump didn't do that, especially in NYC, he would have never even received a building permit.

Frankly, it's really not even debatable that Trump is a conservative now. It's obvious that Trump is fighting for our conservative values. Our Founding Fathers setup this system of government and thank goodness they did, and my side will continue to work hard to get things done.

But I guess some of the Ted Cruz fans, or perhaps fans of the other losing Republican primary candidates, still just don't want to let go. Oh well, that's their prerogative.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 04:29:32 am »
   Personally, I liked the other NY Real Estate Developer, better. It's a shame he was in a Texas Jail for dismembering a body and dumping it in Galveston Bay.

Now you know why some briefers have me on Ignore.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 06:30:48 am »
Coulda seen this coming a mile off.  A shark can smell blood from a mile away....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 06:41:37 am »

LOL. I believe Trump has donated more money to Schumer than any other Senator. Hillary may be the exception...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 09:46:06 am »
Did you know that Trump graduated from the New York Military Academy? It would be rare, if possibly never, any liberal who would do that. That is proof that Trump leaned conservative even in his teens.

You should know that Trump smoozed with Democrats for business reasons to get his magnificent projects built. If Trump didn't do that, especially in NYC, he would have never even received a building permit.

Frankly, it's really not even debatable that Trump is a conservative now. It's obvious that Trump is fighting for our conservative values. Our Founding Fathers setup this system of government and thank goodness they did, and my side will continue to work hard to get things done.

But I guess some of the Ted Cruz fans, or perhaps fans of the other losing Republican primary candidates, still just don't want to let go. Oh well, that's their prerogative.

Yes, I knew that. I was an early supporter of the president's and posted true facts about the man. I know that Trump was raised with traditional family values and became a household name as perhaps the most successful come-back businessman in 40-years. Funny, but in all that time (in business and in TV) he was never once accused of being racist or sexist ...until he ran for president as a republican.

Unfortunately, some of our very own pubbies jumped on the smear machine started by democrats, Leftists and disgruntled republican NeverTrumpers who backed losing candidates.

But being NeverTrump means never having to say you're sorry for your lies, mischaracterizations and distortions of President Donald John Trump.

So, Stephen, try not showing too much support for the president or, like the rest of us here who support this president, you too will be smeared as a Trump worshiper.

Forgive me, I hope you don't mind me setting you wise on the lay of the land here at TBR.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:57:10 am »
...and here's a helpful tip, Stephen : if you find yourself about to say something supportive about the president's actions, try beginning your sentences with "I think Trump is a vulgarian pig and I really hate him, but..."

That type of phraseology goes a long way around here.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 01:11:05 pm »
...and here's a helpful tip, Stephen : if you find yourself about to say something supportive about the president's actions, try beginning your sentences with "I think Trump is a vulgarian pig and I really hate him, but..."

May I suggest more sleep, and less coffee? It's too damn early for such whining! Lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 01:14:19 pm »

Thank you very much. I appreciate your suggestions for my well being.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 01:15:04 pm »
All they have to do is stroke his ego and he'll roll over like a puppy.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 01:56:30 pm »
All they have to do is stroke his ego and he'll roll over like a puppy.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

It's also become blindingly apparent that Trump supporters will twist themselves into pretzels to justify anything Trump does. Mark Davis called Trump's new alliance with Schumer and Pelosi a brilliant move this morning. I'm seeing the same thing here on TBS.

I've resigned myself to a paucity, nay a complete absence of debate, regarding President Trump. To his base, he can do no wrong, any blame will be ascribed to others for not doing what "The Boss" wanted done.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that too.

It's also become blindingly apparent that Trump supporters will twist themselves into pretzels to justify anything Trump does. Mark Davis called Trump's new alliance with Schumer and Pelosi a brilliant move this morning. I'm seeing the same thing here on TBS.

I've resigned myself to a paucity, nay a complete absence of debate, regarding President Trump. To his base, he can do no wrong, any blame will be ascribed to others for not doing what "The Boss" wanted done.

Yup

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 02:22:35 pm »

That's because he's the center, not conservatism.  When principle gets in the way, it must be discarded.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 02:28:25 pm »
That's because he's the center, not conservatism.  When principle gets in the way, it must be discarded.

All the way back to early in the campaign when Trumpers were screeching about a "planted" Bush supporter asking Trump questions at a "No Labels" forum they didn't bother asking why Trump was speaking to that liberal group in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:28:41 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 02:55:53 pm »
All the way back to early in the campaign when Trumpers were screeching about a "planted" Bush supporter asking Trump questions at a "No Labels" forum they didn't bother asking why Trump was speaking to that liberal group in the first place.

The signs were always there CC. Populism won out over conservatism. Cruz and the others played the wrong hand, I.e. Survival until it's down to two, when remaining primary voters would "come to their senses." 2016 was a bad year for that strategy.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 02:58:49 pm »

Welcome @stephen50right !

You and I are going to get along just fine, here!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 03:31:52 pm »

Wow!  Talk about delusions. The Kool-Aid must be really good today. 

Maybe you should delve further into Trump's past.  I don't know about the school he graduated from, but as an adult, he was a registered Democrat.  He had and still has Democrat friends.  He has donated to Democrat candidates.  He did not suddenly "evolve" into a conservative Republican.  He made promises that appeal to conservative voters, but now that he is colluding with Democrats, you can be sure he won't keep any of them.  He is not a conservative.

And as I told you before, you can put away the bitter Ted Cruz fan argument.  It's a red herring.  Ted Cruz has nothing to do with this argument.  Most of us who favored Ted Cruz would like to put the primaries behind us, but it is the Trump supporters who won't let go.  Your guy won.  So how about you Trump fans enjoy the victory, hold your  guy's feet to the fire and make sure he keeps his promises?

Or maybe you know, deep down, Trump is not the hero you thought he was and you are looking to blame the rest of us.  Sorry, that won't work.  Whatever is wrong in this presidency is the fault of this president and the supporters who voted for him.  We are not going to take the blame for you and your phony savior.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 03:36:19 pm »
Wow!  Talk about delusions. The Kool-Aid must be really good today. 

Maybe you should delve further into Trump's past.  I don't know about the school he graduated from, but as an adult, he was a registered Democrat.  He had and still has Democrat friends.  He has donated to Democrat candidates.  He did not suddenly "evolve" into a conservative Republican.  He made promises that appeal to conservative voters, but now that he is colluding with Democrats, you can be sure he won't keep any of them.  He is not a conservative.

And as I told you before, you can put away the bitter Ted Cruz fan argument.  It's a red herring.  Ted Cruz has nothing to do with this argument.  Most of us who favored Ted Cruz would like to put the primaries behind us, but it is the Trump supporters who won't let go.  Your guy won.  So how about you Trump fans enjoy the victory, hold your  guy's feet to the fire and make sure he keeps his promises?

Or maybe you know, deep down, Trump is not the hero you thought he was and you are looking to blame the rest of us.  Sorry, that won't work.  Whatever is wrong in this presidency is the fault of this president and the supporters who voted for him.  We are not going to take the blame for you and your phony savior.

Well here's the great military genius himself.  :silly:

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 03:45:45 pm »
Did you know that Trump graduated from the New York Military Academy?

Do you know why Trump's father sent him to the military academy? It wasn't because of his "conservative leanings". He was a behavior problem. Trump himself admitted in his book "The Art of the Deal" that he gave a teacher a black eye. His father sent him to a military school at the age of 13 for some discipline. It seems it didn't take.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »

"For most of his history" Trump was in business and did what he needed to do for that business.

It's a little unfair to saddle him with that since he's gone into politics.

Trump truly entered a swamp peopled in large part by Obama holdovers and enemies.  Some of his enemies turned out to be in his own party.  Pathetic cowards who wouldn't pass needed legislation that we wanted and Trump supported.

It's way too easy to blame Trump now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:52:13 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 03:55:02 pm »

For the record.... Trump is not now, nor has he ever been, a Conservative.  And....the dismay from some of us over Trump siding with Democrats on the debt ceiling issue has NOTHING to do with Ted Cruz.  Alluding to that BS is so old, so over-used and, quite frankly....just plain asinine.  The continuation of the 'raising of the debt ceiling' is financially irresponsible and as such, is justifiably considered by us as WRONG.  It's the equivalent of the usual corruption in DC and kicking the can down the road for future generations to deal with the inevitable collapse it will lead to. 

For Trump to now willingly participate in (and encourage) that same bullshit is, for good reason, a major concern.  It should be a major concern to every American, in fact.  He's not draining the DC swamp, he is lounging around on a golden noodle with a Molotov cocktail in his little hand.   It's going to blow and when it does, only the filthy rich fat cats (like himself) will manage to survive the implosion.

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 03:57:08 pm »

Pretty funny ... and maybe way too true.

Some of us are afraid to praise Trump for anything without adding a caveat.

I usually say, 'I was never a Trump supporter but ...."

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.