Author Topic: Republican leaders 'visibly annoyed' after Ivanka Trump enters Oval Office during debt ceiling talks  (Read 1295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican leaders 'visibly annoyed' after Ivanka Trump enters Oval Office during debt ceiling talks
by Susan Ferrechio | Sep 6, 2017, 2:02 PM

Negotiations between Republican and Democratic congressional leaders and President Trump broke down when first daughter Ivanka Trump entered the Oval Office to say hello during the Wednesday meeting, according to a Democratic aide briefed on the meeting.

House and Senate Republican leaders asked for an 18-month increase in the nation's debt limit during an Oval Office meeting with their Democratic counterparts but were overruled by Trump, who sided with Democrats demanding a three-month hike.

During the meeting, Trump even refused a compromise six-month increase proposed by the GOP, according to a Democratic aide briefed on the meeting.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republican-leaders-visibly-annoyed-after-ivanka-trump-enters-oval-office-during-debt-ceiling-talks/article/2633556
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm annoyed also.  This little darlin' could ruin everything Kelly is trying to do and I can't imagine Daddy disciplining her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They were "annoyed?"  Did she say something beyond "Hello?"

I'm have some trouble believing the opening paragraph of the story.  The further one reads down the article, the more one believes she had nothing to do with any "breakdown in talks."  Sounds more like the standard bickering that's been going on between these people since early last year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm annoyed also.  This little darlin' could ruin everything Kelly is trying to do and I can't imagine Daddy disciplining her.

I encourage you to read the article.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Its a democrat administration and they'll do whatever they damn well please with the full support and approval of the sycophants who support them.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They were "annoyed?"  Did she say something beyond "Hello?"

I'm have some trouble believing the opening paragraph of the story.  The further one reads down the article, the more one believes she had nothing to do with any "breakdown in talks."  Sounds more like the standard bickering that's been going on between these people since early last year.

Yes.  Someday I will learn NEVER to trust the media.  That being said, I'm a little queasy about Ivanka walking into a meeting ... supposedly to comment on another topic. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes.  Someday I will learn NEVER to trust the media.  That being said, I'm a little queasy about Ivanka walking into a meeting ... supposedly to comment on another topic.

I imagine people felt a bit like that about Robert Kennedy.  It doesn't bother me at all, even a little.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

Brings to mind that old saying 'You get what you pay for' and though she is an official member of the Trump Administration, If I remember correctly, she's not drawing a salary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   Brings to mind that old saying 'You get what you pay for' and though she is an official member of the Trump Administration, If I remember correctly, she's not drawing a salary.

She's not really the point, anyway.  The title and the excerpted portion lays the blame for a possibly "failed" meeting on Ivanka Trump, and further reading of the article plainly states (if we are to believe the known liars telling it) she had nothing to do with it.

This is just another example of the press creating a story line where one didn't exist.  Keep your eye on the ball.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

I imagine people felt a bit like that about Robert Kennedy.  It doesn't bother me at all, even a little.  :shrug:

of course had it been Chelsea doing the same thing had Hillary won, you would be screaming bloody murder. Sorry Ivanka has no business in the White House.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

of course had it been Chelsea doing the same thing had Hillary won, you would be screaming bloody murder. Sorry Ivanka has no business in the White House.

I'm not screaming bloody anything so screw you.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

She's not really the point, anyway.  The title and the excerpted portion lays the blame for a possibly "failed" meeting on Ivanka Trump, and further reading of the article plainly states (if we are to believe the known liars telling it) she had nothing to do with it.

This is just another example of the press creating a story line where one didn't exist.  Keep your eye on the ball.

I get that @Cyber Liberty, I wasn't trying to give her hell.
   She is 'Officially' working at the Leisure of the President, not unlike his Cabinet Appointments, and being his daughter, not a dig, she probably has access to most everything, I have accepted this and moved on.

Besides, sliming on his Family is a very low blow that I try to stay away from.

Screw those balless republicans that are threatened by a young beautiful woman, anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

What's supposed to be my take-away:  Ivanka interrupted a meeting.

My real take-away:  Republicans wanted an 18 month debt ceiling extension and the Democrats only want 3 months.  What am I missing here?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

My problem is that Kelly is making some headway in bringing order into the White House.

Ivanka deciding to drop in on a meeting is not conducive to that order.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My problem is that Kelly is making some headway in bringing order into the White House.

Ivanka deciding to drop in on a meeting is not conducive to that order.

I gathered from actually reading the article she had no effect on that order. This story is just another piece of the trope that Trump 's White House is in disorder.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Its a democrat administration and they'll do whatever they damn well please with the full support and approval of the sycophants who support them.

Yep, Liberal Ivanka checking in to let her liberal counterparts know she's there with her support.  Hello, I've got your back!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I gathered from actually reading the article she had no effect on that order. This story is just another piece of the trope that Trump 's White House is in disorder.

Okay.  I read it also.  Ivanka was not on the schedule for that meeting and no right to drop in on it.

It's not the end of the world.  I don't hate her.  She's an extremely pretty woman who seems to be a good mother.  She's also a liberal married to a liberal.  I don't trust her.

She should show more respect for the White House than to drop in uninvited.