Author Topic: Bette Midler Doesn’t Believe Texas Should Receive Aid, Because The People Distrust The Federal Government  (Read 1398 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Chicks on the Right
Hannah Bleau (Red Dawn)
September 6, 2017 11:14am

Lawmakers are preparing to approve of a $7.85 billion Harvey relief package.

The bulk of the funds would replenish the Federal Emergency Management Agency‘s disaster relief coffers. An additional $450 million would help finance disaster loans to small businesses through the Small Business Association.

It’s expected to pass in the House, but it gets a bit more complicated in the Senate. Leaders want to tie another measure to the bill, which would lift the debt limit.

Texas needs help. That’s all I know.

Last week, Politico mocked Texas– a state that prides itself on rugged individualism– for needing help.

Cue Bette Midler. She’s piling on.

Bette Midler ✔ @BetteMidler
If this is how they feel, then no aid for them! In Texas, Distrust of Washington Collides With Need for Federal Aid https://nyti.ms/2x5qbyc
9:47 AM - Sep 5, 2017

(nice Texes style responses at link)
https://www.chicksontheright.com/2017/09/06/bette-midler-doesnt-believe-texas-receive-aid-people-distrust-federal-government/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Oh, Bette.  Shut up and sing.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Federal aid should be extremely minimal for everybody.

Fix the infrastructure, get the roads open, electricity up etc but taxpayers should not be paying to rebuild homes and businesses.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Thank God we have Trump in office. Obama and Hillary think just like the Hollywood idiots.
If you are a Red State and didn't vote for them, then...

Image result for no soup for you meme
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Fix the infrastructure, get the roads open, electricity up etc but taxpayers should not be paying to rebuild homes and businesses.

Agreed.

Offline goatprairie

Oh, Bette.  Shut up and sing.
I'd be happy if she just shut up period.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
More liberal fascism, unbelievable.  The biggest bigots of all.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Agreed.

I don't like my state asking for federal disaster relief funding. We don't have hurricanes, earthquakes or wildfires. We get the occasional bad storm or tornado but few things that cause widespread damage that we can't recover from in a few days.

When we pay into it, politicians feel justified asking for it whether we need it or not. Jenny Granholm asked for FEMA funding from Hurricane Katrina just as Debbie Stabenow asked for funding from Hurricane Sandy. Rick Snyder has also asked for disaster relief money as well.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't like my state asking for federal disaster relief funding. We don't have hurricanes, earthquakes or wildfires. We get the occasional bad storm or tornado but few things that cause widespread damage that we can't recover from in a few days.

When we pay into it, politicians feel justified asking for it whether we need it or not. Jenny Granholm asked for FEMA funding from Hurricane Katrina just as Debbie Stabenow asked for funding from Hurricane Sandy. Rick Snyder has also asked for disaster relief money as well.

Heck, Florida is already asking before we even know where Irma is going to go.

Offline skeeter

Offline cato potatoe

How would this dried-up hag feel if Texas left the union?  We certainly need them more than they need us.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It shows her lack of compassion.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Just_Victor

Flood insurance is provided by FEMA.  A significant portion of the authorization is payouts for legitimate  insurance claims.

Much of the rest of it is for loans to the uninsured.

But, you are right in that the fed involvement should be minimized to the greatest extent possible.  They tend to just make a bad situation worse.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Just_Victor

Are you crazy?

:laugh:

Seriously, shut up and act...

Wait she's not any better than that...
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Then give up all that money you earned singing and 'acting' since you don't believe in capitalism and the private sector.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd be happy if she just shut up period.
Same here.

Where do I join you guys?  I never liked her "singing," sounds like a sack of angry cats....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Where do I join you guys?  I never liked her "singing," sounds like a sack of angry cats....

I must disagree. I'm no Bette Midler fan, at all. But, that song 'The Rose', is damn near the most beautiful song I have ever heard. No. I would have to say, she has the pipes to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxSTzSEiZ2c