Author Topic: Tracking Military Weaponry Flowing To America's Local Police Departments .  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

Search our OpenTheBooks interactive map for all weaponry transferred to the 6,500 local, state and other federal police agencies across America since 2006

See it all – in your hometown, park district, forest preserve, junior college, university, county, state police – or federal agency such as Homeland Security, Interior and the Justice Department – across any ZIP code!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-05/tracking-military-weaponry-flowing-americas-local-police-departments

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Tracking Military Weaponry Flowing To America's Local Police Departments .
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:37:38 am »
Yep, they did. The local Sheriff's Department got: 2 EOD robots, 1 inflatable boat landing, 1 outboard motor, 12 divers' masks, 15 Life preservers, a snow plow blade assembly, a scoop type loader, and a snow blower since 2014. Aside from the delivery being credited to another , much much, smaller town with the same zip code, I don't see anything there that will take over the world.

People forget that "Military equipment" isn't all tanks and predator drones. Check the interactive map before you panic. (link in OP) Zoom in, find your town, and click on the little balloon, (if there is one) for a list.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:38:38 am »
Yep, they did. The local Sheriff's Department got: 2 EOD robots, 1 inflatable boat landing, 1 outboard motor, 12 divers' masks, 15 Life preservers, a snow plow blade assembly, a scoop type loader, and a snow blower since 2014. Aside from the delivery being credited to another , much much, smaller town with the same zip code, I don't see anything there that will take over the world.

People forget that "Military equipment" isn't all tanks and predator drones. Check the interactive map before you panic. (link in OP) Zoom in, find your town, and click on the little balloon, (if there is one) for a list.

That s because the mraps were already handed out.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 11:45:23 am »
That s because the mraps were already handed out.
The list of equipment goes back to 1994. Maybe they didn't request one, here.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:01:04 pm »

Our local county office got 20 each 5.56 rifles in 2010, for $120 a piece.  Nice price.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
Our local county office got 20 each 5.56 rifles in 2010, for $120 a piece.  Nice price.
I think ours paid $449.00 each. Did your guys get full auto?

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:47:50 am »
I think ours paid $449.00 each. Did your guys get full auto?

I just read the list at the link.  I don't know more than that description.

The next town to the south got 7.62s.  The town to the East got a butt-load of night vision and thermal, some over $10,000 a piece. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:29 pm »
I just read the list at the link.  I don't know more than that description.

The next town to the south got 7.62s.  The town to the East got a butt-load of night vision and thermal, some over $10,000 a piece.
Really good, cutting edge, military grade night vision (weapons sights) will run to 10K and more, same with thermal. Cheap stuff (NV) can be had for $500 or less, but that's a far cry from the cutting edge.

Ours got a couple of 7.62s a while back, assuming they are bolt rifles, for 149 each (seems cheap to me).

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 01:03:40 pm »
Really good, cutting edge, military grade night vision (weapons sights) will run to 10K and more, same with thermal.

I just don't understand why a town of 26,000 would need dozens of them.  I strongly suspect personal use hog hunting...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 02:53:11 pm »
I just don't understand why a town of 26,000 would need dozens of them.  I strongly suspect personal use hog hunting...
Entirely possible. Late night surveillance. Elimination of a public nuisance. I'm sure someone has an excuse.

C S Lewis