Author Topic: North Korea Touts Its More Advanced H-Bomb  (Read 2265 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
North Korea Touts Its More Advanced H-Bomb
« on: September 03, 2017, 12:38:47 am »
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Sunday it has developed a more advanced nuclear weapon that has "great destructive power" and leader Kim Jong Un inspected a hydrogen bomb that will be loaded on a new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

The report by North Korea's official KCNA news agency comes amid heightened regional tension following Pyongyang's test launch of two ICBM-class missiles in July that potentially had a range of about 10,000 km (6,200 miles) that could hit many parts of the mainland United States.

Under its leader Kim Jong Un, North Korea has pursued work on building nuclear weapons and long-range ballistic missiles that can deliver them at an unprecedented pace, defying U.N. sanctions and international pressure.

Experts and officials have said North Korea could conduct its sixth nuclear test at any time, and that the reclusive country has maintained a readiness at its nuclear test site to conduct another detonation test at any time.

The hydrogen bomb's power is adjustable to hundreds of kilotons and can be detonated at high altitudes, with its indigenously produced components allowing the country to build as many nuclear weapons as it wants, KCNA news agency said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-developed-more-advanced-hydrogen-bomb-222125839.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:39:13 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: North Korea Touts Its More Advanced H-Bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:40:47 am »
Personally, I seriously doubt this. So far, all of their nuclear tests have pointed to fizzles, probably due to their P240 contamination in their fissile material.

It's entirely possible they've gotten their hands on a design. However, having the technical know-how and ability to assemble it is quite different.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:21:35 am by edpc »

Offline edpc

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 02:06:07 am »

I cannot tell if they are preparing for war or a kegger.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:03:42 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 12:33:38 pm »

The diagram in the background of the device is similar to the one above.  They've constructed a mockup of how they think it should look, based on available information.  Our compact warheads, the W-87/88, weigh about 800lbs.  This is an obvious fake, based on the flimsy stand upon which the device is perched.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »
North Korea continues down the same path – successfully tests hydrogen bomb   

1 hour ago by Jake Gambino   

Sunday morning, North Korea conducted a hydrogen bomb test. China reported seismic activity from North Korea. Japan and South Korea began to send sniffers to check for radiation and surveil known compounds. North Korea went on to broadcast that they tested a hydrogen bomb within about an hour.

Initial estimates put it at around one hundred kilotons. For reference, the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was 15 kilotons.

All I can think is what has our country become? What do we stand for? After World War II, world leaders got together and declared never again. Never again would we stand by and watch genocide.

<..snip..>

http://thenewamericana.com/2017/09/03/north-korea-continues-down-the-same-path-successfully-tests-hydrogen-bomb/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 04:06:26 pm »
Here's why I'm calling BS on their miniaturization claims.  They only have around 25 million people existing in a closed off nation.  They don't have the base for technical people necessary to make the leap from crude fission to sophisticated fusion in ten years, as they claim. 

Most likely, their device is the size of our old B53 thermonuclear weapon. It weighed 4 tons and had a yield of 9 Mt, but their material and workmanship is giving them a fraction of that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 05:18:32 pm »
I'm seeing a lot of breathless reporting on this, but I have a hard time believing they have a Hydrogen bomb, and that there was a successful test. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 05:33:11 pm »
I'm seeing a lot of breathless reporting on this, but I have a hard time believing they have a Hydrogen bomb, and that there was a successful test.

They probably did test one, expecting a bigger yield, but had a result similar to the British test of their Green Granite device in the late 50s.  That bomb was nowhere near the size small enough to be on a missile.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 05:47:24 pm »
Here's why I'm calling BS on their miniaturization claims.  They only have around 25 million people existing in a closed off nation.  They don't have the base for technical people necessary to make the leap from crude fission to sophisticated fusion in ten years, as they claim. 

Most likely, their device is the size of our old B53 thermonuclear weapon. It weighed 4 tons and had a yield of 9 Mt, but their material and workmanship is giving them a fraction of that.

They have money and the assistance of Iran, Pakistan, Russia, and China.

For years the NKs have been poo poor and yet they keep proving people wrong.  It's time to stop underestimating them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 05:49:19 pm »

I cannot tell if they are preparing for war or a kegger.

I don't think that one guy has a NOKO regulation Hair Cut.   

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:52:10 pm by Wingnut »

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »
I don't think that one guy has a NOKO regulation Hair Cut.   

He's probably in just as much trouble as unenthusiastic 'low kick guy' in this picture.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:55:41 pm by edpc »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 06:34:14 pm »

For years the NKs have been poo poor and yet they keep proving people wrong.  It's time to stop underestimating them.
888high58888
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 08:03:54 pm »

I'd probably be more concerned if they could actually feed themselves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/31/hungry-north-korean-soldiers-ordered-steal-corn-ready-war-kim/

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »

He's probably in just as much trouble as unenthusiastic 'low kick guy' in this picture.

The 1939 Rockettes have nothing to worry about!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 10:26:22 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 01:50:53 am »
I'd probably be more concerned if they could actually feed themselves.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/31/hungry-north-korean-soldiers-ordered-steal-corn-ready-war-kim/

The important people have plenty of food. 

America still has starving people.

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 02:35:51 am »
The important people have plenty of food. 

America still has starving people.

The "important" people will be in bunkers getting toasted by the GBU-57.  The starving front line troops will be surrendering to TV drones, just like the Iraqis in 1991.  The poor in America have access to food banks, soup kitchens, and SNAP benefits.  Nobody here is boiling grass and bark to survive.  In fact, many under the poverty line in the US are obese.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 02:41:49 am »
The "important" people will be in bunkers getting toasted by the GBU-57.  The starving front line troops will be surrendering to TV drones, just like the Iraqis in 1991.  The poor in America have access to food banks, soup kitchens, and SNAP benefits.  Nobody here is boiling grass and bark to survive.  In fact, many under the poverty line in the US are obese.

Many of those bunkers are under granite mountains.  Good luck.  You might take out the entry but it will take a bit more to take them out.

I'm not trying to compare the intentional starving of hundreds of thousands there to here but many many people are starving in the us.  Yes some get food stamps.  Many don't.

Regardless the important people in NK have plenty of food.  If they need more they take it from the poor.  Kim has all the luxuries a man could want and so do his supporters.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 02:53:26 am »
Many of those bunkers are under granite mountains.  Good luck.  You might take out the entry but it will take a bit more to take them out.

The GBU-57 was designed to take out the facility in Iran at Fordow.  The exact specs are classified, but the bomb is reported to be able to penetrate 200 feet of reinforced concrete. Those bunkers inside the mountain will be their luxury tomb.

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 02:58:54 am »

I'm not trying to compare the intentional starving of hundreds of thousands there to here but many many people are starving in the us.  Yes some get food stamps.  Many don't.

Regardless the important people in NK have plenty of food.  If they need more they take it from the poor.  Kim has all the luxuries a man could want and so do his supporters.

I agree totally that the elite in North Korea have a sweet deal.

But where are these starving people in the US of which you speak?  Is there a link?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:33 am »
I agree totally that the elite in North Korea have a sweet deal.

But where are these starving people in the US of which you speak?  Is there a link?

Is there a link?   Are you really that foolish?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 05:04:11 am »
Is there a link?   Are you really that foolish?

Well, now that you mentioned it, I am sort of wondering where there are Americans eating grass, bark and shoe leather, as was implied.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 05:14:04 am »
They probably did test one, expecting a bigger yield, but had a result similar to the British test of their Green Granite device in the late 50s.  That bomb was nowhere near the size small enough to be on a missile.

Our first hydrogen bomb was about the size of a small locomotive engine.

(It's the vertical cylinder on the left.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 05:34:55 am »

Something big rocked that area of the globe, felt both in China and Russia.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn