Author Topic: 50 Years Ago, Immigration Changed in America  (Read 968 times)

rangerrebew

50 Years Ago, Immigration Changed in America
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:12:17 am »

50 Years Ago, Immigration Changed in America
America's current racial makeup is rooted in a decades-old legislative overhaul.

By Kenneth T. Walsh, Contributor |Oct. 2, 2015, at 12:01 a.m.

Denis Poroy/AP

Immigration is one of the hottest topics in the 2016 presidential campaign, generating angry debate over whether to deport millions of people who entered the U.S. illegally or grant them some form of amnesty, and whether to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. But the history of the current furor goes back 50 years, to one of the most far-reaching laws ever enacted in the country: the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. A review of that law and its impact provides many lessons for today, notably that substantial change can be a very lengthy process and "reform" can have huge, unforeseen consequences.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/10/02/50-years-ago-immigration-changed-in-america

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 50 Years Ago, Immigration Changed in America
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:55:02 am »
The law that almost single-handedly destroyed a country.

I hope Red Ted Kennedy died a painful, miserable death and is still rollin' in his grave.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:26:50 am »
But the history of the current furor goes back 50 years, to one of the most far-reaching laws ever enacted in the country: the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. A review of that law and its impact provides many lessons for today, notably that substantial change can be a very lengthy process and "reform" can have huge, unforeseen consequences.

"Unforseen"????? You have to be kidding me! This was PRECISELY why the act was passed.

Of course,at THAT time the DNC and our school system had been completely taken over by Soviet agents and sympathizers,and the plan was to destroy America in order to make us a Soviet satellite nation. Unfortunately for the planners,even the Russians gave up on Communism and overthrew it,and that's why those goobers have such a rabid hatred for the Russia of today.

BUT.....,the global fascists that were the money men behind it back then are still backing it today. Just imagine having the power and wealth of having the production and natural resources of EVERY industrial nation on Earth under your control. They ain't NEVER giving up on that dream.

After all,what do they care about 3rd world denizens wandering about when once they take over they can just execute them at will because there will be no one left with the authority to tell them they can't. Oh,they will keep some that are proven good workers,but most are heading for the compost heaps. Useful tools,useful fools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 02:40:47 am »
The law that almost single-handedly destroyed a country.

I hope Red Ted Kennedy died a painful, miserable death and is still rollin' in his grave.
another legacy of LBJ, who I believe to be more instrumental than any President, including Obama, in the destruction of American values.  I hope LBJ suffered a hideous fate as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 03:19:48 am »
Golly you mean the immigration system here hasn't always been a free for all like the open border shysters keep saying?

And here I thought totally unrestricted immigration was a venerated American value.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:24:50 am by skeeter »