Author Topic: Scientism: More dehumanizing than racism? - Alan Keyes  (Read 468 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Scientism: More dehumanizing than racism? - Alan Keyes
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:35:36 am »
August 29, 2017
Scientism: More dehumanizing than racism?
By Alan Keyes

People who profess to revere the Constitution really ought to spend time thinking through the significance of its provisions. They should read through and revisit occasionally the record of the debates at the Constitutional Convention. They should evaluate the arguments that were made – to think about how and whether those arguments continue to make sense in light of our present circumstances. I can understand that Marxist ideologues regard the Constitution as an obsolete superstructure, already hollowed out by the dialectical movement of history, their immanent and accidental God, for this is a religious tenet of their time-bound and materialistic faith.

But people who profess to be "conservatives" – which I take to mean that they believe in preserving a form of government consistent with America's founding premises of right – cannot reasonably adhere to this faith, as a matter of principle. The Constitution's provisional arrangements make no sense at all except in light of logical reasoning that begins from the postulate of a transcendent, self-sufficient source of information, at once all powerful and intelligent, whose activity structures the existence of all things, in view of an intentional purpose. Results that, in and of themselves, appear to be fortuitous are in fact the result of these realities. But from the perspective of the transcendent, self-sufficient, intelligent, and powerful source of the activity that informs their existence, such results manifest a consistent pattern, which can only be seen and understood in view of their consequential relationship to that intelligent and powerful resource.

Continued: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/170829

AK is a great man, a great American,  and he's surely correct as usual; but at times, his essays are so intellectual and sophisticated.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Scientism: More dehumanizing than racism? - Alan Keyes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 07:34:13 am »
@INVAR You should see this.

A worthwhile essay, imho.

Instead of letting ourselves be drawn into battles maliciously fomented to distract us from the destruction of our nation's special character, the people of the United States must attend to the deep threat that this distraction is made to serve. The rock upon which the founders laid the strong foundation of our self-government is being bathed, as it were, in the acid of confusion. So, the basis for our identity as a people is headed toward dissolution. On one side and the other of our sham political divide, self-serving "leaders" (in the sense of Judas goats) are helping to herd our nation toward shearing and/or slaughter. Among those who profess to be the apostles of our liberty, where is "the Rock," by God recovered from denial, who, instead, will urge us to lead the way, back toward the right reason of our existence as a people – which is, to prove our liberty by doing right, according to God's purpose, not just for ourselves, but for the whole He made us to be careful of and represent?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Scientism: More dehumanizing than racism? - Alan Keyes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
@INVAR You should see this.

A worthwhile essay, imho.

Good read. 

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Jefferson

And this is coming from a Deist, not from a devout adherent like Adams.

From the article:

On one side and the other of our sham political divide, self-serving "leaders" (in the sense of Judas goats) are helping to herd our nation toward shearing and/or slaughter.

Something I have been attempting to warn about since 2003 on the steps of courthouses across the region.  Not even the churches are interested in preserving the nation's religious heritage - they could care less whether the Commandments said or were removed and only a few hardy souls expressed any interest in the idea that our liberties come from God in the first place.

So destruction is our lot and if you note the Apologism for Islam and all the barbarity of tribal ghetto blacks that are excused and ignored - we are indeed as a people behind herded into the pens for shearing and then slaughter.

But few to none believe that can possibly happen.

And yet history is screaming at us, as well as the indictment that stands from our Founders who warned us, and scripture that admonished us.

So we deserve the consequences coming.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775