Author Topic: Menendez mess: Trial threatens to sideline senator just as Dems plot Trump resistance  (Read 485 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Foxnews
By Alex Pappas
Published August 25, 2017

The upcoming bribery trial for New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez could have damaging consequences for his party whether or not he's convicted, by sidelining him from Congress just as Democrats gear up to fight the Trump agenda.

The senator is now pleading with a federal judge to alter the trial schedule on certain days so he can return to Washington to vote.

So far, however, the court has rejected these requests, which the Trump Justice Department has decried as a bid for "special treatment."

The timing of the trial, set to begin Sept. 6, is critical. It would fall as Congress returns from the August recess and Republicans prepare to vote on President Trump’s legislative agenda -- potentially covering everything from tax reform to health care to the budget and debt ceiling.

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/25/menendez-mess-trial-threatens-to-sideline-senator-just-as-dems-plot-trump-resistance.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But, wait, someone believes in his innocence.  Believes it fervently.

“I want the jury to understand that I fervently believe in my innocence,” Menendez told the Associated Press last week
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
But, wait, someone believes in his innocence.  Believes it fervently.

“I want the jury to understand that I fervently believe in my innocence,” Menendez told the Associated Press last week

Judge: "Are you innocent?"
Menendez: "I fervently believe that I am, your honor."

This is not a very confident position on innocence.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.