Author Topic: Gallup (again): 147 million migrants would come to US right now (if they could)!  (Read 792 times)

rangerrebew

Gallup (again): 147 million migrants would come to US right now (if they could)!

Posted by Ann Corcoran on August 25, 2017

This is a number to remember!

When I told you about Gallup’s recent survey of countries that are the least and most accepting of migrants yesterday, I noticed this survey I missed in June.

The present US population is about 325 million.

So you can see that 147 million wannabe migrants is huge.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/08/25/gallup-again-147-million-migrants-would-come-to-us-right-now-if-they-could/

Offline bolobaby

147MM people who largely DON'T want to integrate; who bring crime and disease; who are poor, uneducated, and will crash social programs; who will run our public school system into the ground; and who will all vote democrat to get even MORE handouts.

Yeah - no thanks. Stay home.

Liberals love to talk about how the Constitution is "out-dated." Well, the quote, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free," was written when we were still an expanding nation with land and opportunity to spare. That time is over.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

147MM people who largely DON'T want to integrate; who bring crime and disease; who are poor, uneducated, and will crash social programs; who will run our public school system into the ground; and who will all vote democrat to get even MORE handouts.

Liberals love to talk about how the Constitution is "out-dated." Well, the quote, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free," was written when we were still an expanding nation with land and opportunity to spare. That time is over.

:thumbsup3:

Offline dfwgator

They should replace it with, "Fix your own damn countries."

Offline bolobaby

It should be replaced with, "Give me your people who are truly willing to be Americans and are willing to prove it by following our laws."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline skeeter

Worse, the constitution is our governing charter; "give me your tired" is a damn poem.

Wingnut

That damn french albatros.  A monument worth removing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I had a long talk yesterday with a HS classmate, Vietnam combat vet, who happens to be 4th generation of Hispanic descent.

My most recent immigrant ancestors came around the same time. (Like me, a genealogy buff, dialed in to our ancestors, where and how they lived, etc.)

Anyway we agreed, people used to "settle" using his term. A permanent, irreversible undertaking, whereby the person expected to have to work very, very hard and possibly not see the reward in their lifetime, but expected his offspring would.

Trivia note: He had the misfortune of being a fast middle distance runner, in a school district that had two state record breakers in 2 years. Nice unpretentious,  stable family guy, Trump supporter, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is why a physical border barrier of sufficient size and "stopping power" is sorely needed.

I sense the number "147 million" is but a fraction of those who would start the journey here if they thought they could make it in.

I've come to the conclusion that it's either time to take down the Statue of Liberty (really), or at the very least remove Lazarus' words from it.

We're full.
No vacancy.
Enough is enough.