Author Topic: Renowned Artist Releases Powerful Painting of Trump and the People Who Elected Him: 'You Are Not Forgotten'  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Renowned Artist Releases Powerful Painting of Trump and the People Who Elected Him: 'You Are Not Forgotten'
ijr.com, Aug 24, 2017, Mike Miller

Famed American artist Jon McNaughton has released a stirring new painting of President Donald Trump, standing in front of the White House, along with the “forgotten men and women,” he says, who elected the nation's 45th president.

McNaughton, renowned for his patriotic and faith-based paintings, said in a video accompanying the painting's release he initially wondered if he was going too far:

“When I decided to paint this picture, I wondered if this was taking it too far. But sometimes you have to speak forcefully like the brush strokes of my painting.

Of the snake at Trump's feet, McNaughton explains:

I want a President that will crush the enemies of liberty, justice, and American prosperity. They may have the power to bruise his heel, but he will have the power to crush their head.”

More with video from the artist:  http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/08/955849-renowned-artist-releases-powerful-painting-trump-people-elected-not-forgotten/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hope Trump can live up to this painting.

Here's more of the picture...

Oceander

Offline RoosGirl

Is he supposed to be Jesus killing the snake?

Wingnut

Such "paintings"  do not help.   

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Come on...puleez. That is so far over the top it is freakin ridiculous. That kind of crap does not help.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Come on...puleez. That is so far over the top it is freakin ridiculous. That kind of crap does not help.

The only thing worse would be if you were stupid enough to buy the painting... "his" eyes followed you across the room.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Here's more of the picture...

In the same league as this false messiah worship:

Nothing like people turning politicians into god-kings.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Offline mountaineer

In the same league as this false messiah worship:  ...

Nothing like people turning politicians into god-kings.
Agreed. Not good, no matter who the politician may be. They're still only human - fallible, fallen, imperfect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

The painting is an update of this classic:

In the video included at the link the artist openly discusses his thought process and the internal conflicts he overcame.  It is worth viewing .... if at all interested in understanding the genesis and meaning of the painting.

Oceander

The painting is an update of this classic:

In the video included at the link the artist openly discusses his thought process and the internal conflicts he overcame.  It is worth viewing .... if at all interested in understanding the genesis and meaning of the painting.

Oh, that's definitely a classic.  Right up there with Norman Rockwell.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think we understand it, RIV.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Art in the service of political devotion is not "art", but propaganda.

To be sure: there is "good" propaganda....

... and there is "bad" propaganda...

... but it's still propaganda.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn