Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey Public Advisory  (Read 103075 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Hurricane Harvey Public Advisory
« Reply #925 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:09 pm »
Only 0.2 inches of rain in the last 3 hours, for a total of 44.80 inches here.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #926 on: August 29, 2017, 08:11:11 pm »
Only 0.2 inches of rain in the last 3 hours, for a total of 44.80 inches here.

:thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #927 on: August 29, 2017, 08:14:00 pm »
Heaviest rain moving to the east of Houston. National Guard has arrived at Dickinson with high profile amphibious vehicles to help with evacuations.

@Elderberry

Axis are supposed to be great eating.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #928 on: August 29, 2017, 08:27:37 pm »
@mystery-ak

Yes, he is only opening it as he now thinks, with the bad publicity, people will give him less money.  I think I would swim out rather than go to his fancy church.  Or, I would go there and rub my wet, dirty clothes on the sanctuary podium where he expounds his fake religion of wealth.

I have family in Nashville, and I can't help but note the drastic difference between Osteen and the REAL Church.  After the devastating flood there, the churches in the Nashville area took over with supplying food and drinking water as well as shelter and the rebuilding of homes, churches and places of business.

The idea that a "church" that size would not offer shelter immediately is a sign to me that it is not the Church at all.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #929 on: August 29, 2017, 08:58:35 pm »
Harvey's track from 10AM this morning has been True North. Projected track is 030 degrees @ 6mph

Online Hoodat

« Reply #930 on: August 29, 2017, 09:09:54 pm »

Looks like it is heading for Sabine Pass.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #931 on: August 29, 2017, 09:13:54 pm »
Looks like it is heading for Sabine Pass.

That's projected. Where's it actually going to go?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #932 on: August 29, 2017, 09:15:23 pm »
Some thoughts...

John Osteen would never have considered keeping Lakewood closed in such a catastrophic event. He'd have been the first one to open his doors. I'm saddened to the core that I don't see any evidence of the man John Osteen was in his son, Joel.

I watched a reporter as she covered the opening of the church as a shelter. All the volunteers she spoke to were singing the praises of Lakewood Church and how much they care about the community. It was if they'd been schooled in damage control language. This is an opportunity for Joel and Victoria to re-examine their walk and have a new come-to-Jesus moment.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #933 on: August 29, 2017, 09:22:58 pm »
I mentioned that Joel Osteen's father was Claude.
My mistake.
Claude Osteen was Major league pitcher.
John Osteen was Joel's dad.
I get that backwards, every now and again.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #934 on: August 29, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »
Some thoughts...

John Osteen would never have considered keeping Lakewood closed in such a catastrophic event. He'd have been the first one to open his doors. I'm saddened to the core that I don't see any evidence of the man John Osteen was in his son, Joel.

I never viewed Osteen as a spiritual leader, but more of a motivational speaker.  He tells a good joke every now and then, but I never hear any real substance to what he preaches.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #935 on: August 29, 2017, 09:38:04 pm »
I mentioned that Joel Osteen's father was Claude.
My mistake.
Claude Osteen was Major league pitcher.
John Osteen was Joel's dad.
I get that backwards, every now and again.

And the man who led me to the Lord. I'm eternally grateful to him and his sermon that night -- even though I can't remember a word of it!

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #936 on: August 29, 2017, 09:39:28 pm »
I never viewed Osteen as a spiritual leader, but more of a motivational speaker.  He tells a good joke every now and then, but I never hear any real substance to what he preaches.

I hear you. As I said just above, I am indebted to his daddy. I get nada from Joel's ministry.

Online libertybele

« Reply #937 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:18 pm »
Harvey is moving toward the north-northeast near 6 mph (9 km/h), and this general motion is
expected to continue tonight and tomorrow. On the forecast track, the broad circulation center of Harvey is expected to move inland over the northwestern Gulf Coast within the tropical storm warning
area by early Wednesday.

A storm surge warning has been issued 

*from Holly Beach to Morgan City Louisiana.

A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Port Bolivar to west of Holly Beach

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* North of Port O'Connor to Morgan City Louisiana

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* East of Morgan City to Grand Isle

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:49:06 pm by libertybele »
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #938 on: August 29, 2017, 10:07:21 pm »
I went to the local Red Cross today to donate blood but they sent me home. I'm coming down with a cold and I feel awful.

Instead, I wired money to my Master Card and sent what I could to a couple charities listed on the front page,

I hope it's ok. I feel like something the dog brought in. I think it's my yearly strep.

Anyway, all my Texan friends are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
❤️❤️❤️❤️

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:07:37 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #939 on: August 29, 2017, 10:27:17 pm »
There is this strange yellow light in the sky now. I wonder what it could be?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #940 on: August 29, 2017, 10:43:34 pm »
There is this strange yellow light in the sky now. I wonder what it could be?

Yay for you!!!!!

Online corbe

« Reply #941 on: August 29, 2017, 10:53:54 pm »
   I was unaware of the enhanced status of looting in an Emergency Declaration area.

14 people in Houston county arrested on looting charges

By Josh Delk - 08/29/17 05:58 PM EDT   

Fourteen people in the Houston area have been arrested on looting charges area over the past 48 hours as Hurricane Harvey floods the region.

If convicted, the defendants will face steeper punishments since the acts were committed during a crisis, according to a prosecutors' statement provided to NBC News.

The offenders, who were arrested by the Houston Police Department and the Harris County Sheriff's Office for allegedly looting residential and commercial properties during and after Harvey, will be subject to a Texas law that mandates increased punishments for crimes committed in a disaster area, the statement said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/348465-14-people-in-houston-area-arrested-on-looting-charges
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #942 on: August 29, 2017, 10:56:43 pm »
Just read that if it was cold enough Texas would have 40 feet of snow

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #943 on: August 29, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »
@corbe

Get a rope.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #944 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »
Just read that if it was cold enough Texas would have 40 feet of snow

If your Aunt Minnie had a mustache, she'd be yer Uncle Fred.

Offline anubias

« Reply #945 on: August 29, 2017, 10:58:57 pm »
   I was unaware of the enhanced status of looting in an Emergency Declaration area.

Fourteen people in the Houston area have been arrested on looting charges area over the past 48 hours as Hurricane Harvey floods the region.

If convicted, the defendants will face steeper punishments since the acts were committed during a crisis, according to a prosecutors' statement provided to NBC News.

The offenders, who were arrested by the Houston Police Department and the Harris County Sheriff's Office for allegedly looting residential and commercial properties during and after Harvey, will be subject to a Texas law that mandates increased punishments for crimes committed in a disaster area, the statement said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/348465-14-people-in-houston-area-arrested-on-looting-charges

Just posted this same article.  Good to hear that they might get "life" for looting here in TX.  I'd prefer a bullet between the eyes, but "life" will do.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #946 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »

Looting stories are either being kept under wraps or are few in number. :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #947 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »

We keep telling everyone ... DON'T FREAKING MESS WITH TEXAS!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #948 on: August 29, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »
Looting stories are either being kept under wraps or are few in number. :pondering:

They are few because the thugs know it won't be tolerated.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #949 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:08 pm »
They are few because the thugs know it won't be tolerated.

Thugs are flooded, too.
It rains on the just and the unjust alike.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:25:59 pm by GrouchoTex »