Author Topic: Trump: Maybe 'fire and fury' statement on North Korea wasn't tough enough  (Read 531 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Donald Trump on Thursday ramped up his rhetoric on North Korea again, saying his warning of bringing "fire and fury" on the isolated nation may not have gone far enough.
"If anything, maybe that statement wasn't tough enough," he told reporters at his New Jersey golf club.

When asked what could be tougher than "fire and fury," the president responded: "we'll see." He also did not comment on whether the U.S. is considering a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.

"The people of this country should be very comfortable, and I will tell you this: If North Korea does anything in terms of even thinking about attack, of anybody that we love or we represent or our allies or us, they can be very, very nervous," Trump said. "I'll tell you why, and they should be very nervous. Because things will happen to them like they never thought possible."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/trump-maybe-fire-and-fury-statement-on-north-korea-wasnt-tough-enough.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

I found the last couple of minutes of his statement in the video interesting. They referred to the trade deficit with China and found it unacceptable. However, he seems to say he might be less bothered by it, if they were to do something about North Korea.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Guam=US Territory, same as Hawaii was in 1941.

NK is on a path to learn the same lesson, of Admiral Yamamota;

"I fear that all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

And I for one, feel it needs to be taught, from time to time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

And he forgot to say...........BELIEVE ME.

Offline edpc

"I fear that all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Not quite the same.  We had to undergo a massive buildup of men and material for WWII.  We can obliterate the Norks with what we have on hand - even the trannies.

Offline edpc

Whatever you think of his latest statements, it's a hell of a lot better than this one a couple weeks back.....

'We'll handle North Korea. We're going to be able to handle North Korea. It will be handled. We handle everything'

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

We don't have the troops available either on the Peninsula or stateside to fight off an all out cross border assault from the Norks.  It would be the battle of the Pusan Perimeter all over again...maybe worse if they catch us while one our combat brigades is rolling in top replace another at the end of its 9 month "deployment".

And we don't have politicians with the resolve either.  Hell most of them are the reason North Korea can even think of making a threat against Guam.

If Trump is going to make these kind of statements then immediately after he leaves the Mic he needs to direct the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the SecDef and the individual Service Chiefs to give him a plan in 30 days time on how they plan to double the size of the active duty forces in 6 months.  If that includes taking ships scheduled for Museum donations or ones that are already at anchor and make them ready to fight again then so be it.  We have a boneyard full of aircraft that can be put back on the flightline as well.

But unless that happens...the Norks will laugh at any fire and fury threats from our President.  There needs to be action behind the words.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:48:43 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!