Author Topic: Flashback: Here's What Trump Told Tim Russert in 1999 About Launching a Pre-emptive Strike Against NK  (Read 452 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Leah Barkoukis
Aug. 9, 2017

In a 1999 interview with NBC’s Tim Russert, Donald Trump weighed in on the nuclear threat from North Korea and said he’d be open to launching a preemptive strike against Pyongyang, but that he’d pursue negotiations first.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/08/09/flashback-heres-what-trump-told-tim-russert-in-1999-about-launching-preemptive-strike-against-nk-n2366459

Wingnut

From 1999?  Very current interview.   Seems like we have been "Negotiating" with them for 28 years.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In a 1999 interview with NBC’s Tim Russert, Donald Trump weighed in on the nuclear threat from North Korea and said he’d be open to launching a preemptive strike against Pyongyang, but that he’d pursue negotiations first.

Trump completely contradicts himself and displays his lack of knowledge.  He begins by saying he'd negotiate like crazy, then mocks previous negotiations as useless, since the Norks laugh at us and built nukes anyway. When Russert attempted to explain the repercussions of a conventional strike on a functioning reactor, he glosses over it.  I'd like to think his current advisors have emphasized the reasons why that matters.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
From 1999?  Very current interview.   Seems like we have been "Negotiating" with them for 28 years.

All the while aiding them greatly!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

All the while aiding them greatly!

Was it real or was it memorex?