Author Topic: Collins, Murkowski: We Sunk Skinny Repeal to Protect Planned Parenthood  (Read 5836 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Collins, Murkowski: We Sunk Skinny Repeal to Protect Planned Parenthood
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »
The abortion of a pre-viable fetus is not murder.  And the point of the Constitution is to protect individual liberty against the tyranny of the state.   Especially tyranny based on religion   

Why is it if a third party kills the unborn they can be charged with murder, but if the mother chooses to do it, it is not murder?  The law makes no distinction of viable outside the womb for those crimes.

Since you ignored it the previous time I posted this in this thread, I will post the link again.

18 U.S. Code § 1841 - Protection of unborn children
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1841

Treated equally under the law?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2017, 08:53:47 pm »
If one believes life comes at conception . . .

You are entitled to that belief.  You are not entitled to have the state force that belief on others, and deprive them of their liberty.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2017, 08:53:51 pm »
It most certainly is not his argument is that the state should not deprive a woman of her liberty to kill a child.  How is that different than killing anyone else

No difference.   Murder = retroactive  abortion.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2017, 08:57:40 pm »
Why is it if a third party kills the unborn they can be charged with murder, but if the mother chooses to do it, it is not murder? 

Those are different situations.   A third party tortfeasor is depriving the mother of something valuable - her unborn child.  That's why that distinction exists in the law - the fetus's rights are derivative of the mother's.  Vis a vis the mother, a pre-viable fetus has no such rights.  It is up to the mother to decide whether to reproduce, not the state.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:35 pm »
It most certainly is not his argument is that the state should not deprive a woman of her liberty to kill a child.  How is that different than killing anyone else

You want the state to impose your religious beliefs on others.   Sorry, that's not how things work in this country.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »
But they can force a man to be a father.  That s ok right?

Good point.  They say a man gives up that right at conception by virtue of the act of having sex, but somehow that responsibility doesn't attach for the mother.  That doesn't make sense to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »
You want the state to impose your religious beliefs on others.   Sorry, that's not how things work in this country.

I know that dragging religion into this argument carries weight in the circles you run in, but I see it as nothing but a cheap device.  It's quite possible to make a moral argument about not allowing abortions quite free of religion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2017, 09:20:20 pm »
The state cannot force a woman to reproduce.  That is tyranny.  That is a deprivation of her fundamental liberty.
The reproduction has already begun before the abortion happens. Only in the case of rape is she being forced to reproduce.

To kill the being created as a result of that choice in the womb is beyond tyrannical; it is downright barbaric.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2017, 09:27:29 pm »
You are entitled to that belief.  You are not entitled to have the state force that belief on others, and deprive them of their liberty.   

But the state does force that viewpoint on others already, if the death is caused by a third party, not an abortion.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Hoodat

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2017, 09:48:07 pm »
The state cannot force a woman to reproduce.

No one is forcing a woman to reproduce.  Another lie on your part.  Women aren't victims here.  They do have control of their bodies.  They do get to decide whether or not to allow a man to ejaculate inside of them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
No one is forcing a woman to reproduce.  Another lie on your part.  Women aren't victims here.  They do have control of their bodies.  They do get to decide whether or not to allow a man to ejaculate inside of them.

IOW, women have "agency."  A favorite word of the left.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2017, 10:47:34 pm »
The state cannot force a woman to reproduce.  That is tyranny.  That is a deprivation of her fundamental liberty.

The choice to reproduce is made at the time of conception not later
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2017, 10:48:55 pm »

There was no religious point in that statement   Try again
God is still in control

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:38 pm »

He says that all the time.  It's a leftist talking point. It's in statements like these he tips his hand about his true political leanings.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2017, 11:03:38 pm »
The choice to reproduce is made at the time of conception not later

This concept is already recognized in the law, because the father gets no choice about abortion, neither pro or con.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2017, 11:14:31 pm »
Those two either need to announce they are switching parties or their respective states need to primary them OUT of their current political office.

And quite honestly...this is one of those times I'd support Trump trying to get a Republican primaried out of office.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2017, 11:15:43 pm »

@Mom MD

Any opposition...even that based in facts and logic...will automatically be labelled as being based in religious bigotry by Jazz.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2017, 11:16:07 pm »

@Jazzhead
The state imposes ALL kinds of beliefs which have a religious foundation.   Things like murder, theft, slander, adhereing to the states laws and more. Why don't you have issue with all of those equally?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2017, 11:19:35 pm »
@Jazzhead
The state imposes ALL kinds of beliefs which have a religious foundation.   Things like murder, theft, slander, adhereing to the states laws and more. Why don't you have issue with all of those equally?

:2popcorn:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2017, 11:23:41 pm »
:2popcorn:

He went quiet.  His friends need to tell him what talking points to bring back from the hive.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2017, 11:31:59 pm »

I also have no objection to placing restrictions on abortion once the fetus becomes viable.

The baby IS viable if left alone.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2017, 11:35:26 pm »
The baby IS viable if left alone.

Leave him alone, he's still communing with the Hive to tell him what to say....
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2017, 12:11:10 am »
Why is it if a third party kills the unborn they can be charged with murder, but if the mother chooses to do it, it is not murder?  The law makes no distinction of viable outside the womb for those crimes.

I sure would like to see someone try to answer this question.

At some point genetic material shared between a man and a woman becomes an individual human life.  When exactly is that?  And is that a question for science or religion?  I don't know.  I have my opinion, but I don't know.  What I do know is that the answer is not variable on a case-by-case basis depending upon what is "convenient" for the "mother"/
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2017, 12:35:50 am »
I sure would like to see someone try to answer this question.

At some point genetic material shared between a man and a woman becomes an individual human life.  When exactly is that?  And is that a question for science or religion?  I don't know.  I have my opinion, but I don't know.  What I do know is that the answer is not variable on a case-by-case basis depending upon what is "convenient" for the "mother"/

The "tell" in this quandary is what are the rights of the other half of the conception?  The father?
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 01:21:23 am »

I want the people of a state to have the right to determine their own laws.  The only one here who believes in government imposing its beliefs on others and denying the people the right to establish their own laws is you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-