Author Topic: Democrats fear Russia probe blowback  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats fear Russia probe blowback
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:17:19 pm »
 Democrats fear Russia probe blowback

'We need to talk about what people think about when they wake up in the morning, and it’s not Russia,' said one strategist.

By DAVID SIDERS

08/05/2017 07:34 AM EDT

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. — Democrats are increasingly conflicted about how forcefully to press the issue of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Fearful of alienating voters who appear more concerned about the economy and health care, Democrats campaigning in districts across the country are de-emphasizing Russia in their rhetoric — and some are warning that a persistent focus on the Russia investigation could backfire.

“In the races where I’m working, I think voters think that Russia is important and that the questions need to get answered,” Bill Burton, a veteran Democratic consultant, said at a political convention this past weekend. “But they’re mostly sick of hearing about it, and they want to hear politicians talk about things that are more directly important in their lives.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/05/democrats-trump-russia-blowback-241346
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Democrats fear Russia probe blowback
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »
“In the races where I’m working, I think voters think that Russia is important and that the questions need to get answered,” Bill Burton

I doubt this. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 03:55:54 pm »
I think they have some concrete reasons for fearing it.  Like a big portion of it will come back on them and their candidate.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:19:28 pm »
I think they have some concrete reasons for fearing it.  Like a big portion of it will come back on them and their candidate.

When you point your finger at someone, three fingers point back at you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:27 pm »
Yeah.

Like guys who just robbed a bank fearing the lights and siren in their rear view mirror may be aiming at them.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com