Author Topic: Podhoretz: If Dems win 10-seat House majority, they “will impeach” Trump  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Your average liberal idiot on the streets can not grasp that concept.

And if they do convict they get Pence.

Offline Suppressed

It sure does support the argument for secession. CA. wants out of the union because they can't stand Pres. Trump. I say help them go, set a precedent. It cuts both ways. I would love to move to a country that is run by conservatives and where the elected leaders keep their promises. All we have now are a bunch of liars in the majority and what's worse they won't back the duly elected President who is also the head of their party.

Problem is, it's the liberal states who fund the poor conservative states.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

I'm with you.

They can impeach, but they'll never get 67 votes to convict in the Senate.

They don't need to; they just want to do damage and help themselves.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Well, I'd certainly like to hold on to the House, but if we don't, the Dems making impeachment their first order of business is the next best thing!

Offline bilo

And we have McMaster, US National Security Advisor, firing all the Trump appointees while keeping all the Obama appointees online, like Susan Rice.  I'm speechless.

This problem lays at the feet of Pres. Trump. He has not done a great job of eliminating his opponents from the upper tier of the executive branch. He should never have kept McMaster at NSC. Maybe he did because he figured after the election besides the partisan rhetoric everyone would work for the good of the country. He really needs to clean house and staff the executive branch, especially at the WH, with loyalists.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Night Hides Not

Your average liberal idiot on the streets can not grasp that concept.

I learned my lesson on the Clinton impeachment. All the hullabaloo over the House voting to impeach, followed by the realization the Senate would never convict.

Lots of grist for cable news, and posturing by politicians and commentators. Not much beyond that IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

OK - what are the high crimes and misdemeanors?

Don't worry Mueller will find something. If not then the Rats will manufacturer something, like they did with the Russia narrative. What we are witnessing is the criminalization of politics by the Marxists in the Rat party. Mean while the gutless GOP hides under the bed. Allow the Rats to impeach Trump with no blow back and there will be hell to pay GOP.

Wingnut

I learned my lesson on the Clinton impeachment. All the hullabaloo over the House voting to impeach, followed by the realization the Senate would never convict.

Lots of grist for cable news, and posturing by politicians and commentators. Not much beyond that IMO.

C-Spans viewership doubles to 2.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Republicans have broken their promises to the voters.  Expect them to lose seats in both houses.  Ted Cruz is popular in Texas.  He might keep his seat.  A few others.  But I see a voter backlash starting next year.  Not that voters will deliberately vote for Democrats.  They just won't show up on election day.

That's exactly what the GOPe is counting on. They want to lose. The GOPe wants the Democrats back in charge. That will take the pressure off Republicans for opposing everything Trump tries to do. Republicans are more comfortable hiding under the skirt of the Democrats than they are actually leading.

I have no doubt that the RNC has a list of junior Republicans that they are going to deliberately sacrifice in order to put the Democrats back in charge. Then the Pubs can run away, hide in their closet sucking their thumb, and yell as they always do, "It's not our fault! It's the Democrats!"

With the RNC/DNC working together, combined with idiot Democrats who vote like robots, combined with justifiably pissed off Republicans, the GOP can't help but get they want. It is hard to see how the Democrats cannot regain control of at least the Senate. And when they do, the Republicans will breath a sigh of relief and go back to the kabuki theater mode which they know so well. "It's not us!" "It's not our fault!" "We tried to stop them!!" "It's not our fault!"

Uhmmm, yes. It is your fault. And all your infantile machinations and crying will never change that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Let's just envision the impeachment and removal scenario for a second.  Pence would like be serviceable, but uninspiring for a 2020 run.  I could imagine a great deal of fervent Trump supporters peeling off and supporting a 3rd party candidate.  There could be enough discontent among all parties where the next president assumes office with the electoral votes, but somewhere just above/below 40% support.  Last time that occurred, we got Bill Clinton.  Almost 20 years from his last day, we're still not fully out of his shadow.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They don't need to; they just want to do damage and help themselves.

I actually think that would backfire on them.  If you're going to strike at the King, you'd better succeed.  I think voters would be very unhappy with an impeachment that dominated the headlines, only to have it fizzle out.  Especially based on just the garbage they have right now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it's a mistake to think the GOP would close ranks around Trump as the Dems did with Bubba.  They hate Trump (and us, whether we like Trump or not) more than they hate Dems, and the Senate would gladly muster the 67 votes required.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

I'm with you.

They can impeach, but they'll never get 67 votes to convict in the Senate.

I really couldn't care less, whether the votes or not.

meh. He's made his bed.

Offline roamer_1

Which might just wake me up  little bit...

Oceander

Exactly.  Someone they also despise but who isn't so tied up with wasting time on empty rhetoric and petty twitter spats. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"I think it's a mistake to think the GOP would close ranks around Trump as the Dems did with Bubba.  They hate Trump (and us, whether we like Trump or not) more than they hate Dems, and the Senate would gladly muster the 67 votes required."

If the Pubbies did this, they would quickly disappear as a national party.
Those who voted for Mr. Trump would turn their backs on any Republican Senator who did this.

I wouldn't have the opportunity to do so, because I live in Connecticut, which may never have a Republican senator again.

But if I -did- live in such a state as to have a Pubbie Senator go turncoat like that, I'd go out of my way to vote for his opponent next time 'round.

And that's from someone who a quarter century ago swore he would NEVER vote for a democrat again!