Author Topic: ATTENTION, Gen Y: Baby Boomers have had it with your political correctness.  (Read 2031 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There's just one problem: When only too many Baby Boomers complain about political correctness,
they complain about the monster they suckled.
Oh I don't know, some maybe, the Dr. Spock  damaged ones. I think it falls more to the education system, primarily higher education. We brought up our children the same, but interestingly our son who went to University and achieved a Masters has a very liberal ideology not shared by anyone else in the family, as does his degreed wife. Now our daughter who didn't go to college is very Conservative like the rest of us, there comes a point when you just don't have as much influence as the mindbenders in higher education and the kids peers. It's not like when they were in grade school and you could deprogram them when they got home.

Offline goodwithagun

I'm on the tail end of gen x and I had kids a bit late. At 38, I have an 8yo, 5yo, and 3yo. Most of their peers' parents are millenials. H-O-L-Y  C-R-A-P  is that group bat guano. At the last pumpkin patch field trip I heard, "I literally died," multiple times. At one point I said, "And yet you're still here," and the man twit didn't get it. And this is private Catholic school, mind you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Oh I don't know, some maybe, the Dr. Spock  damaged ones. I think it falls more to the education system, primarily higher education.
@GtHawk
That's one reason why when the subject of corporal punishment in schools comes up, I say yes, bring it back
---and use it on the school administrators.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I'm on the tail end of gen x and I had kids a bit late. At 38, I have an 8yo, 5yo, and 3yo. Most of their peers' parents are millenials. H-O-L-Y  C-R-A-P  is that group bat guano. At the last pumpkin patch field trip I heard, "I literally died," multiple times. At one point I said, "And yet you're still here," and the man twit didn't get it. And this is private Catholic school, mind you.

Pretty funny.  Same here, I had kids late and most of the parents I've met over the years need a good old fashioned spanking.  They give you funny looks when you say things like:

"Sometimes kids just need to make their own mistakes, that's how they learn".

"Boys fight - it's nature's way."

"The teacher said no questions until she's done.  Can't you follow directions?"  My wife insisted upon going to Meet The Teacher days alone after about the 4th grade.

Offline mountaineer

At the last pumpkin patch field trip I heard, "I literally died," multiple times. At one point I said, "And yet you're still here," and the man twit didn't get it.
I heard one of those TV "reality show" nitwits say that in a promo for her show a while back. Apparently, she still walks among us, as well!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I heard one of those TV "reality show" nitwits say that in a promo for her show a while back. Apparently, she still walks among us, as well!  :laugh:
I can remember Eric Sevareid talking once about his first experiences on television after his years making
his bones in radio: A lot of people start to light up and shine when that little red light goes on. I start
to die.

He never said "literally," either.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

I believe it was Joe Biden who famously used the phrase "literally, as well as figuratively" on many occasions, just to let us all know he really meant what he was saying.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

I believe it was Joe Biden who famously used the phrase "literally, as well as figuratively" on many occasions, just to let us all know he really meant what he was saying.  :pondering:

Stand up Chuck.   Figuratively that is.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
My solution is simple: required viewing of Blazing Saddles.
I just wan' 'em to shaddup, not dumb them down!

Why were there 5,000 Mexicans at the Alamo?

Hey, they only had one car.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline RoosGirl

Stand up Chuck.   Figuratively that is.

God luv ya, you poor, crippled,uh, crippled person.

HonestJohn

I bet they are.   My oh my... 20 plus years ago they had to be wondering how the hell they could get you off their couch in the basement and stop you from sponging off them.  And hell.  Look at you now...  In the United State Air Force.   Thank you for your service.

Really now?  As if you know.

And BTW, thank you for indicating exactly how you wish to be treated.  (Golden Rule and all)

I'll make sure to include a link to here for reference come future posts.

HonestJohn

Certainly doesn't show at times.

Sounds like you claim the title of arbiter of exactly what sort of opinions a military retiree may or may not have.

Suck a rock, censor.

Wingnut

Really now?  As if you know.

And BTW, thank you for indicating exactly how you wish to be treated.  (Golden Rule and all)

I'll make sure to include a link to here for reference come future posts.

Link away sapsucker.