Author Topic: The Executive Orders That End Obamacare - Once and For All  (Read 749 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Executive Orders That End Obamacare - Once and For All
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:16:05 pm »
Townhall, Jul 30, 2017, Wayne Allyn Root

<snip>

Executive Order #1: President Trump should issue an immediate Executive Order forcing every member of Congress to use the same healthcare plan as the rest of us. Let Senator McCain come off his high horse and live under the rules of Obamacare. Make every member of Congress live by same rules as the rest of us.   

<snip>

Executive Order #2.  My gut instinct is usually on the money. I feel it in my bones. The Senators who voted against the repeal are corrupted, bribed, on the take. Senators and Congressmen are making an unimaginable fortune off of Obamacare. That’s why they are against the repeal. They don’t want to end the gravy train.

They want the system complex and expensive. They want government involved. They want taxpayer money wasted by the billions. That's how they milk the system. They all own stocks of medical companies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies. I'm betting many actually own companies with government contracts that benefit from Obamacare. They put them in the names of their spouses, children, parents, siblings, childhood buddies. They own them in offshore accounts. The conflicts of interest are the size of Texas.

<snip>

President Trump should issue an immediate Executive Order demanding disclosure of all financial interests and ownership in healthcare related companies or stock by every member of Congress- including all family members and offshore accounts. Failure to disclose will result in a long prison term.

Then we’ll find out why they voted against repeal. They are all on the gravy train.

Continued ...

Read more: https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2017/07/30/the-executive-orders-that-end-obamacare--once-and-for-all-n2361967

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Executive Orders That End Obamacare - Once and For All
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:34:05 pm »
Darn!  I thought from the title that these were EOs in the works.  It would be fantastic if they were.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 03:41:58 pm »
Darn!  I thought from the title that these were EOs in the works.  It would be fantastic if they were.

I think, based on the President's tweet from yesterday, the first one is @Sanguine    I also really like #2---a nice, neat and powerful 1-2 double punch.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:58:58 pm »
I think, based on the President's tweet from yesterday, the first one is @Sanguine    I also really like #2---a nice, neat and powerful 1-2 double punch.

It would, but it would also be an extremely hypocritical requirement, unless you were to disclose his finances, as well.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 04:15:27 pm »
Townhall, Jul 30, 2017, Wayne Allyn Root

These would definitely be good things to do,
but I doubt that they CAN be done by Executive Order.

Executive Order #1: President Trump should issue an immediate Executive Order forcing every member of Congress to use the same healthcare plan as the rest of us. ... Make every member of Congress live by same rules as the rest of us.   

In 1995, Newt Gingrich led Congress to enact that into law.
It got repealed as soon as the Democrats regained control of Congress.

Executive Order #2.  My gut instinct is usually on the money. I feel it in my bones. The Senators who voted against the repeal are corrupted, bribed, on the take. Senators and Congressmen are making an unimaginable fortune off of Obamacare. That’s why they are against the repeal. They don’t want to end the gravy train.

They want the system complex and expensive. They want government involved. They want taxpayer money wasted by the billions. That's how they milk the system. They all own stocks of medical companies, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies. I'm betting many actually own companies with government contracts that benefit from Obamacare. They put them in the names of their spouses, children, parents, siblings, childhood buddies. They own them in offshore accounts. The conflicts of interest are the size of Texas.

<snip>

President Trump should issue an immediate Executive Order demanding disclosure of all financial interests and ownership in healthcare related companies or stock by every member of Congress- including all family members and offshore accounts. Failure to disclose will result in a long prison term.

Then we’ll find out why they voted against repeal. They are all on the gravy train.

Much could be discovered NOW, by researching
who are the Officers and are on the Boards of Directors of these companies,
which is already public record,

and comparing that with the names of Congressmen's
extended family members, the lawyers their family has hired,
associates and clients of lobbying organizations,
donors to political campaigns and organizations,
and all such relationships with officials of state and local governments.

It would take A LOT of research to trace out this many relationships because
there is SO MUCH corruption to be tracked down!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 04:51:41 pm »
So what is Trump waiting for if he is indeed wanting what he claims?

Congress routinely exempts itself from the laws they pass for us little people.

I don't see Trump forcing himself into the same pool as us plebes.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »
Well, this article shows Wayne Allyn Root to be a complete idiot on how our government works.

Executive Orders only apply to members of the executive branch...

... not the Legislative one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:10:40 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline endicom

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 02:29:39 am »
My research....similar to what @endicom posted:

Technically Congress is ALREADY on Obamacare...HHS rules (Obama) allowed them to use the “D.C. small business exchange” (SHOP) as a “small business employer” therefore allowing them to use their federal med. ins. subsidy to buy insurance for their “employees”...Mr. Trump could instruct his HHS secretary to disallow Congress’s application for the “SHOP” exchange, thereby making Congress buy Obamacare on the regular individual exchange(s). My understanding anyway.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/26/congresss-obamacare-exemption-itself-ok-judge-rule/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418055/how-five-republicans-let-congress-keep-its-fraudulent-obamacare-subsidies-brendan

@HonestJohn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 03:32:34 am »
The congress critters themselves, are too highly paid to get subsidies.  Some lesser paid staff probably are however.

So in my mind loss of subsidies may not be a big deal.  But higher deductibles might.

But they have the means to get insurance companies to give them sweet deals if forced to do so, through the Obamacare framework.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln