Author Topic: Senator Ted Cruz flays Obamacare repeal turncoats  (Read 611 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Senator Ted Cruz flays Obamacare repeal turncoats
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:04:21 pm »

Reacting to the failure of the Republican Party to fulfill a seven-year-old campaign promise to repeal Obamacare, Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said the real losers are the American people.

“The losers tonight are the millions of Americans who have been hurt under Obamacare,” Cruz told reporters late Thursday night. “The millions of Americans who’ve lost their jobs, who’ve been forced into part-time work, forced to work 28, 29 hours a week. Millions of Americans who’ve had their health insurance cancelled, who’ve lost their doctors, who’ve seen their premiums skyrocket. The six and a half million Americans each year who are fined by the IRS because they don’t make enough money to afford health insurance.”

“It’s the single moms. It’s the truck drivers. It’s the steel workers. It’s the working men and women who were left behind tonight,” Cruz said. “If you stand up and campaign and say ‘we’re going to repeal Obamacare,’ and you vote for Obamacare, those are not consistent.”

“Truth matters,” Cruz said. “The truth is Obamacare isn’t working. It’s hurting millions of Americans … I give my word, I will devote every waking moment I have to urging my colleagues ‘let’s tell the truth,’ and let’s simply do what we did, lower premiums, and make health insurance more affordable [for] everyone.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Senator Ted Cruz flays Obamacare repeal turncoats
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:12:54 pm »
“Truth matters,” Cruz said.

Not inside the Beltway.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:37:19 pm »
Not inside the Beltway.

Apparently not.

And, to think, we elected every one of those people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:39:44 pm »
Not inside the Beltway.

Ted possibly can't be that naive.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:46:38 pm »
@Emjay

Is there a link?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 09:03:42 pm »
@Emjay

Is there a link?

Sorry, I goofed up again.  It was a column and I failed to include the link and now I don't know where the heck I got it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »
Sorry, I goofed up again.  It was a column and I failed to include the link and now I don't know where the heck I got it.

No worries -- I found it:
https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/senator-ted-cruz-flays-obamacare-repeal-turncoats

The title is a bit misleading, though.  He makes good points and the 'truth matters' part is rather pointed, but I wouldn't say he flayed anybody.  As always, he presents his case well.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra