Author Topic: Cable Networks Black Out Coverage on Wasserman Schultz IT Scandal  (Read 402 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cable Networks Black Out Coverage on Wasserman Schultz IT Scandal
Washington Free Beacon, Jul 26, 2017

Major cable news networks have given no coverage to the burgeoning scandal involving IT staffers to former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis.

Reporting by the Daily Caller News Foundation has revealed that Wasserman Schultz's top information technology staffer Iman Awan was arrested Monday after trying to flee the country amidst investigations into Awan concerning banking fraud and a criminal cybersecurity probe. Awan wired over $280,000 to Pakistan after the FBI recently recovered multiple smashed hard drives from Awan's home.

Despite being blocked from the House computer network since February amid allegations of "committing serious, potentially illegal, violations on the House IT network," Awan remained employed by Wasserman Schultz's office. He and four of his relatives have received $4 million by working for Democratic members of Congress since 2009.

Wasserman Schultz finally fired Awan on Tuesday, after he attempted to flee the country. His wife already fled to Pakistan with $12,000 in cash. Awan and his relatives had full access to the emails of the Democratic members they worked for, and Wasserman Schultz's password to her iPad she used while she was head of the DNC.

More: http://freebeacon.com/politics/cable-networks-black-coverage-wasserman-schultz-scandal/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cable Networks Black Out Coverage on Wasserman Schultz IT Scandal
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:35:13 pm »
Anyone surprised?   I'm sure not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:36:54 pm »
FBI Seized Smashed Hard Drives From Wasserman Schultz IT Aide’s Home
Daily Caller, Jul 23, 2017

FBI agents seized smashed computer hard drives from the home of Florida Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s information technology (IT) administrator, according to two sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Pakistani-born Imran Awan, long-time right-hand IT aide to the former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman, has since desperately tried to get the hard drives back, an individual whom FBI investigators interviewed in the case told The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

An additional source in Congress with direct knowledge of the case, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe, confirmed that the FBI has joined what Politico previously described as a Capitol Police criminal probe into “serious, potentially illegal, violations on the House IT network” by Imran and three of his relatives, who had access to the emails and files of the more than two dozen House Democrats who employed them on a part-time basis.

Capitol Police have also seized computer equipment tied to the Florida lawmaker.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/23/exclusive-fbi-seized-smashed-hard-drives-from-wasserman-schultz-it-aides-home/

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:38:52 pm »
Anyone surprised?   I'm sure not!

Not in the least.  Of course, if the shoe were on the other foot ....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »
Not in the least.  Of course, if the shoe were on the other foot ....

...you would be able to turn on a tv or radio without hearing all about it 24/7.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 11:43:32 pm »
...you would be able to turn on a tv or radio without hearing all about it 24/7.

And if Trump were involved, multiple motions for impeachment would already have been submitted. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:44:16 pm »
Good thing the Session's Justice Department moved with haste on this (obvious) one !!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 11:46:54 pm »
And if Trump were involved, multiple motions for impeachment would already have been submitted.

No doubt about it!  And if he weren't involved they would find a way to involve him.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 11:48:36 pm »
Rep. Steve King: Imran Awan Had Access to ‘All the Communication of the Foreign Affairs Committee’
Breitbart, Jul 26, 2017

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) talked about the ever-worsening scandal surrounding Imran Awan and his ex-employer Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Breitbart New’s Whatever it Takes with Curt Schilling Wednesday.

The Pakistan-born longtime congressional Democratic IT consultant was arrested by federal authorities as he tried to flee the country Tuesday, sending hundreds of thousands of dollars ahead of himself to Pakistan.

Rep. King, a staunch conservative and ally of populist nationalism, stressed that the facts are anything but clear at this stage. The surface narrative itself was suspisious enough for King even before getting into the extensive criminal allegations against Awan and his brothers. The trio is reported to have been paid over $4 million over the last last eight years for providing IT services for Wasserman Schultz and up to 24 other Democratic congressman. Imran Awan himself was reportedly kept on as a “part-time” employee at a $165,000 salary.

“If the reports are right, if these three individuals…drew down, over this period of time, $4 million and Debbie Wasserman Schultz had a part-time employee who’s making $165,000 that she just fired – what – yesterday afternoon?” King mused with Schilling.

Talk, however, quickly turned to the terrible implications of the evidence so far. Reports of smashed computer hard-drives, desperate attempts to recover seized computer equipment and years of access to the computer systems of the House Democratic caucus naturally raise alarms when considered with Awan’s ties to Pakistan. King said:

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/26/rep-steve-king-imran-awan-had-access-to-all-the-communication-of-the-foreign-affairs-committee/

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 12:21:40 am »
And here we go ....

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 01:06:09 am »
The islamicmoslem angle shall not be denied!