Author Topic: Trump boy scout Jamboree speech angers parents  (Read 721 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump boy scout Jamboree speech angers parents
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:36:58 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40715185

Mr Trump started by saying: "Who the hell wants to speak about politics?"
But his speech to the Jamboree in West Virginia railed against Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the "cesspool" of politics, drawing whoops and cheers.
One parent wrote: "Done with scouts after you felt the need to have my kid listen to a liar stroke his ego."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump boy scout Jamboree speech angers parents
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »
Here is the response that got me.
"I am the proud mother of a former scout who was sheltered from that pack of lies speech at the Jamboree. Done with scouts after you felt the need to have my kid listen to a liar stroke his ego on our time."

Okaying homosexual scoutmasters didn't prompt leaving, but a speech by the POTUS does?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »
That's OK, parents. The new Scoutmaster will soothe his hurt feelings with some special attention.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:38:34 pm »
It was wrong when the Libs used the Scouts as a political tool to implement the gay agenda...and it's just as wrong for Trump to go there and make a political stump speech.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:52:44 pm »
boohoo.  Cry me a river.  Parents should not be seen and not heard at any boyscout function.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:53:13 pm »
It was wrong when the Libs used the Scouts as a political tool to implement the gay agenda...and it's just as wrong for Trump to go there and make a political stump speech.

Very true.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 06:53:49 pm »

Agreed.    I didn't catch it all, but when he talked about "loyalty"  being in the Scout oath and them made reference to those people not loyal to him, I just had to slap my forehead.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »
I went to school with 2 brothers who were all in scouts well into adulthood.

I see one of them posting to twitter today that this was not scouting as he remembered it and that he and his brother left the organization with the inclusion of gay leaders but this was on par with that in its wrongness. He said that they learned to respect the president no matter who it was but this went beyond respect and included disrespect for a former president.

We stoner types laughed at the brothers when we were teenagers but I gotta respect their courage of their convictions. Today they're running a small private scouting organization local to our hometown.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 07:12:34 pm »
I went to school with 2 brothers who were all in scouts well into adulthood.

I see one of them posting to twitter today that this was not scouting as he remembered it and that he and his brother left the organization with the inclusion of gay leaders but this was on par with that in its wrongness. He said that they learned to respect the president no matter who it was but this went beyond respect and included disrespect for a former president.

We stoner types laughed at the brothers when we were teenagers but I gotta respect their courage of their convictions. Today they're running a small private scouting organization local to our hometown.

I'll never forget the look on my oldest boys face when the Liberals at the 2000 Convention in LA booed the Boy Scout honor guard who brought in the National Colors.

He went on to become an Eagle Scout and because of what he saw 17 years ago as a 10 year old I don't think he'd vote for a Democrat if you shot him in both kneecaps.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 07:17:25 pm »
:thumbsup3:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 07:18:10 pm »
boohoo.  Cry me a river.  Parents should not be seen and not heard at any boyscout function.

C'mon Wingnut, you know better than that. I shell out a couple grand for my son's scouting activities. To expect a parent to be a ghost is nonsense.

Trump should have not used his stump speech to stroke his ego.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 07:18:48 pm »

They sound like honorable men with good discernment.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 07:22:21 pm »
Interesting.  I didn't watch the speech because he droned on and on and on...no idea what he was talking about.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 07:24:44 pm »
C'mon Wingnut, you know better than that. I shell out a couple grand for my son's scouting activities. To expect a parent to be a ghost is nonsense.

Trump should have not used his stump speech to stroke his ego.

I don't give a shit what Trump said. No scout was going to remember it in a week anyway.  As long as trump didn't whip out his willey our grope a scout... nothing really matters.   This is all a bullshit stirred up by rents and the press.