Author Topic: How ‘GMA’ hides George Stephanopoulos’ ‘little-boyish mini-legs’  (Read 2239 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

How ‘GMA’ hides George Stephanopoulos’ ‘little-boyish mini-legs’

By Mara Siegler

July 12, 2017 | 9:24pm

Michael Strahan, Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos and Lara Spencer on the "GMA" set before it was changed ABC

George Stephanopoulos may be a giant in the news business, but “Good Morning America” has changed its set to cover up his diminutive size.

“He’s 5-foot-6 and is dwarfed by human trees Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan,” says an insider. “ ‘GMA’ initially thought using an anchor desk with elevated chairs would help the problem. Still awkward, George’s little-boyish mini-legs were seen dangling.”

George Stephanopoulos on the newly altered set with (from left) Jesse Palmer, Robin Roberts, Michael Keaton and Lara SpencerABC

more
http://pagesix.com/2017/07/12/how-gma-hides-george-stephanopoulos-little-boyish-mini-legs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I keep forgetting that it's considered legitimate to ridicule short people (unless it's a "little person*," of course). These kinds of stories pop up and I'm reminded again that they're fair game.

Here's the deal. Stephanopoulos is a leftist hack who cannot be trusted to present news objectively whether he's 2 inches tall or 10 feet tall.

There are some things I consider fair game. Those are things a person can help concerning their appearance. For example, if you're wearing green lipstick, I'm going to ridicule you. If you're wearing mismatched clothes, I'm probably going to make fun, assuming you're someone who is trying to present yourself in a serious light. If you wear orange makeup, expect some ridicule. But more important, when I take issue with someone, it's not because of a physical characteristic. It's about how they think/act/talk.

*I'm not a fan of this term. It applies to anyone under 4'10", whether the person is a dwarf, midget (a term now considered derogatory), or someone who started out taller than 4'10" and shrunk as they aged.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I keep forgetting that it's considered legitimate to ridicule short people (unless it's a "little person*," of course). These kinds of stories pop up and I'm reminded again that they're fair game.

Here's the deal. Stephanopoulos is a leftist hack who cannot be trusted to present news objectively whether he's 2 inches tall or 10 feet tall.

There are some things I consider fair game. Those are things a person can help concerning their appearance. For example, if you're wearing green lipstick, I'm going to ridicule you. If you're wearing mismatched clothes, I'm probably going to make fun, assuming you're someone who is trying to present yourself in a serious light. If you wear orange makeup, expect some ridicule. But more important, when I take issue with someone, it's not because of a physical characteristic. It's about how they think/act/talk.

*I'm not a fan of this term. It applies to anyone under 4'10", whether the person is a dwarf, midget (a term now considered derogatory), or someone who started out taller than 4'10" and shrunk as they aged.

Its just plain childish and unfortunately in fashion recently.

Wingnut

Goerge has got lil baby legs that stand so low, you gotta pick him up just to say hello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs&ab_channel=RandyNewman
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:00:04 pm by Wingnut »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Goerge has got lil baby legs that stand so low, you gotta pick him up just to say hello.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs&ab_channel=RandyNewman

I've sung along with that song many, many times. What's your point?

Wingnut

I've sung along with that song many, many times. What's your point?

I never have a point.  Do you?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

I never have a point.

Thanks for that info. I'll factor that in whenever I see a post by you.

Do you?

Yes. Scroll up to the first reply on this thread.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:17:50 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

Wingnut

Yes. Scroll up to the first reply on this thread.

Yeah I read it.  Change your user name to Napoleon please.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Yeah I read it.  Change your user name to Napoleon please.

Another pointless post. I see what you mean about never having a point.

Wingnut

Another pointless post. I see what you mean about never having a point.

Oh are you hacked off, or just sawed-off?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:32:14 pm by Wingnut »

Silver Pines

@AllThatJazzZ,  I respect your position of not criticizing the appearance of people like that.

However, I personally agree with Dana Loesch, who says she owes no courtesy to people who would take away our liberties if they could, and that she will mock them mercilessly.

That's where I am, as well.  Also it's fun.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

@AllThatJazzZ,  I respect your position of not criticizing the appearance of people like that.

However, I personally agree with Dana Loesch, who says she owes no courtesy to people who would take away our liberties if they could, and that she will mock them mercilessly.

That's where I am, as well.  Also it's fun.

That's fine. Dana (and you and anyone else of the same point of view) will need to remember that such a tactic, once it's determined to be fair, fun and acceptable, needs to be allowed to flow both ways. That is to say that when the left takes childish potshots at our heroes on the right (as opposed to arguments of actual substance), our side has no legitimate defense against such tactics. IMHO, it cheapens the debate and causes everyone to dig their heels in. I'm pretty sure no converts are ever won over in such a nonsensical, contentious climate.

Since I've always been an admirer of your writings, I admit that your position on this is a little surprising to me.   :shrug:

Silver Pines

That's fine. Dana (and you and anyone else of the same point of view) will need to remember that such a tactic, once it's determined to be fair, fun and acceptable, needs to be allowed to flow both ways. That is to say that when the left takes childish potshots at our heroes on the right (as opposed to arguments of actual substance), our side has no legitimate defense against such tactics. IMHO, it cheapens the debate and causes everyone to dig their heels in. I'm pretty sure no converts are ever won over in such a nonsensical, contentious climate.

Since I've always been an admirer of your writings, I admit that your position on this is a little surprising to me.   :shrug:

@AllThatJazzZ

Thank you.  But the debate has been flowing like this for a long time now.  I have little use for the GOP, and I can't think of a single politician I'd describe as a hero.  I'm just a private citizen who believes the left--most of them-- should be treated with the respect they deserve.

I'm all for substantial arguments.  I'm also for raking them over the coals.

Offline Mod1

Topic: GMA and George Stephanopoulos - NOT other TBR posters.

Wingnut

Topic: GMA and George Stephanopoulos - NOT other TBR posters.

In all fairness, I like short people.  Hell, all my girlfriends were all under 4'6".  I was nuts over every one of them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In all fairness, I like short people.  Hell, all my girlfriends were all under 4'6".  I was nuts over every one of them.
  ****drummer
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline AllThatJazzZ

****drummer

A rimshot to celebrate vulgarity. I wish I could unsee your post.

Wingnut

A rimshot to celebrate vulgarity. I wish I could unsee your post.

He could let you down off his shoulders. That should block your view.

Offline Frank Cannon

Meh. Who cares about Snuffleupagus and this stupid show. I am interested to see Laura Spencer is still around and still hot. I remeber her from Antiques Roadshow years ago. It was the only way to make it through a half hour of Aunt Mable finding out her rat fur doily was worth $15K.

I even like her abrasive personality. Boo on this midget forcing the show to cover up her legs.

Wingnut

Rat Fur Doily?

:chairbang:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Suppressed

@AllThatJazzZ @Cripplecreek
 :thumbsup2:
Time to ridicule such ridiculers!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn