Author Topic: A stealth solution for the US Air Force's biggest birds  (Read 341 times)

rangerrebew

A stealth solution for the US Air Force's biggest birds
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:05:02 am »
A stealth solution for the US Air Force's biggest birds

Pentagon chiefs are looking to Silicon Valley to present ideas for a ‘now you see me, now you don’t’ cloaking technology for the largest aircraft in the fleet – aerial refuelling tankers. According to top officials from the Air Mobility Command, there is no point cloaking fighter jets while all the enemy has to do is look for the refueller. So what options are out there? Claire Apthorp finds out.

In April, comments made by the head of the US Air Mobility Command (AMC) to Bloomberg caused a stir among aviation commentators. Speaking about the challenge of first-generation tankers refuelling fifth-generation fighters, General Carlton Everhart was quoted as saying: “I’ve got airplanes with big fat bodies and long wings… The enemy doesn’t have to look for the fighter – he just has to look for me.”

http://www.airforce-technology.com/features/featurea-stealth-solution-for-the-us-air-forces-biggest-birds-5852434/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:05:49 am by rangerrebew »