Author Topic: Donahue Hits "Elite" Media For Hatred Of Trump: He's Now Laughing At Press, "Giving Them Middle Finger"  (Read 349 times)

Wingnut

Donahue hit the nail on the head.  CNN still will not listen.

Former talk show host Phil Donahue appeared on MSNBC Wednesday morning to analyze the relationship between the media and President Trump. Donahue told the press to be "big boys and big girls" and not get in "the punching game" with Trump.

Donahue said this all began in 2011 when the media made a joke out of Trump and now he is the one who is laughing "and giving them a middle finger."

"The people who are beating up Trump are the people that are getting beat up by Trump will fall of their own weight," Donahue said.

MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle took exception, likening Trump's treatment of the media to the KGB.

"How do you do that when the president is taking a page from the KGB playbook, fake news media, let me deligtimate the media. And even this idea the news media elite, the liberal elite, most journalists work really hard for not a lot of money. So this idea, these elitists, that's hard to take," she said.

"We have a rah-rah media," he said. "We worship the White House, the president and his power. And they missed the guy in the midwest whose working long hours without a pay raise whose kids can't pay back their college loans and they read in the paper where a hedge fund guy made a million dollars on Thursday. You know, you can't do this to people."

DONAHUE: Well, I think people are welcoming finally a pushpack. This is a two-way street. I don't think the press should get in the mosh pit. I think they have to all be big boys, big girls and take the hits, take the hits and hope that we have a -- an audience that understands this and the people who are beating up Trump are the people that are getting beat up by Trump will fall of their own weight.

I just think it's a bad thing for the press to get in to the punching game. And by the way, in my experience, I don't -- there are a lot of people in the press who can't take a punch. Maybe I couldn't either. I don't remember, but, you know, I think it's important for you to be above this and keep doing what you're doing. You're not supposed to be popular. You're supposed to tell people often what they don't want to hear. That's your job and of course the problem is, if you're not popular, you don't get promoted in the news game and somebody else will have to feed your kids. It's a tough dilemma for news.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/28/donahue_hits_elite_media_for_hatred_of_trump_hes_now_laughing_at_press_giving_them_middle_finger.html