Author Topic: Soldier who lost 4 limbs opening retreat to help others  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

Soldier who lost 4 limbs opening retreat to help others
« on: June 25, 2017, 09:16:01 am »
Soldier who lost 4 limbs opening retreat to help others

By: David Sharp, The Associated Press, June 22, 2017

ROME, Maine — Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills awoke in a hospital on his 25th birthday to learn that an explosion in Afghanistan had robbed him of all four limbs. He later told his wife to take their daughter and their belongings, and just go. He didn't want her saddled with his burden.

"She assured me that's not how this works," Mills said, "and she stayed by my side."

Family support aided his recovery, Mills said, and now a foundation he created is bringing others with war injuries and their families to Maine to continue their healing while surrounded by others who understand what they've gone through.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/soldier-who-lost-4-limbs-opening-retreat-to-help-others
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:16:41 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Soldier who lost 4 limbs opening retreat to help others
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:37:46 am »
May The Almighty Bless Sgt. Mills with success in this, and his family, too, and may they help others in similar straits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis