Author Topic: CNN's Avlon Blames Ossoff Loss on District 'Rigged' to Favor Republicans  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

CNN's Avlon Blames Ossoff Loss on District 'Rigged' to Favor Republicans
By Brad Wilmouth | June 21, 2017 10:20 AM EDT

Appearing as a panel member on Wednesday's New Day, left-leaning CNN political analyst and Daily Beast editor John Avlon tried to spin Democrat Jon Ossoff's defeat in Georgia on a "rigged system of redistricting" that gave Republicans a "plus nine advantage," without mentioning the 2016 presidential election was very close in the 6th Congressional District.

Avlon: "All the money in the world can't fight a plus nine Republican advantage. Folks got to remember there's a rigged system of redistricting in this country which means all districts are not created equal. Republicans were set up to have a heavy advantage in this district."

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/brad-wilmouth/2017/06/21/cnns-avlon-blames-ossoff-loss-district-rigged-favor-republicans

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"CNN's Avlon Blames Ossoff Loss on District 'Rigged' to Favor Republicans"

Well, if that's the case:
1. How was Ossoff able to garner nearly 50% of the vote the first time around?
and
2. If the district was "rigged" for Republicans, why spend over $30 million for an almost-guaranteed loss?

Offline berdie

"CNN's Avlon Blames Ossoff Loss on District 'Rigged' to Favor Republicans"

Well, if that's the case:
1. How was Ossoff able to garner nearly 50% of the vote the first time around?
and
2. If the district was "rigged" for Republicans, why spend over $30 million for an almost-guaranteed loss?

It totally amazes me that the Dems can't admit that they lost because people don't like them...at least not today.

Offline skeeter

It totally amazes me that the Dems can't admit that they lost because people don't like them...at least not today.

You say that as if its a bad thing. :Odance:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm so confused. I thought it was the Russians.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley