Author Topic: Gingrich On Russian Investigation: 'The Fix Is In'.  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Gingrich On Russian Investigation: 'The Fix Is In'.
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 03:51:58 am »
I actually admired Newt for his intellect and knowledge of history. That hasn't changed but I find his recent behavior pretty bizarre.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 04:02:29 am »
I actually admired Newt for his intellect and knowledge of history. That hasn't changed but I find his recent behavior pretty bizarre.

His astounding dishonesty in the 2012 election said all I needed to know about him. His plan to legalize millions of illegals as "non voting citizens" would have resulted in the supreme court correctly ruling that they could vote within 6 months.

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 05:09:51 am »

To quote John Maynard Keynes: 

"When the facts change,  I change my mind.  What do you do sir?"

What "facts" changed?

Offline DB

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 05:13:30 am »

I think Newt was expressing an opinion based on what other people had told him.   As he learned more,  he realized it was wrong.

All these people have been in the DC swamp for decades. I don't buy he doesn't know who these people are. And if Newt didn't know he shouldn't have acted like he did.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 11:14:44 am »
All these people have been in the DC swamp for decades. I don't buy he doesn't know who these people are. And if Newt didn't know he shouldn't have acted like he did.

Newt himself is a 40 year creature of te swamp and clearly loves to wallow in that slime. Even after being thrown out of office he never left the beltway.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 11:41:04 am »
I agree.  I have learned a lot about Mueller and his various connections since he was appointed ... maybe Newt has also.

Mueller is an agent of the deep state. He is on a political mission to take out Trump. As head of the FBI he mission was to take out criminals. Taking out criminals is not a political mission, taking out Trump is a political mission. Different missions means different tactics and different personnel.

The leaders of the GOP better get behind Trump and start calling out Mueller for loading his staff with Democrat head hunters.

Trump voters will stay home if the GOP abandons Trump.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:30 am »
:tinfoil:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 12:45:49 pm »
So, last month, after decades of government service, Bob Mueller had “impeccable” honesty and integrity according to Trump defender Newt Gingrich.  Now, he’s suddenly he’s unfair and “an agent of the deep state”.   :facepalm2: As a Republican, I would laugh if it wasn’t so sad.  Please stop all the wackiness.  Let the investigation conclude and I seriously doubt any collusion will be found.  Jeez. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:08 pm »
So, last month, after decades of government service, Bob Mueller had “impeccable” honesty and integrity according to Trump defender Newt Gingrich.  Now, he’s suddenly he’s unfair and “an agent of the deep state”.   :facepalm2: As a Republican, I would laugh if it wasn’t so sad.  Please stop all the wackiness.  Let the investigation conclude and I seriously doubt any collusion will be found.  Jeez. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:24 pm »
What "facts" changed?

Anyone who quotes Keynes to support their argument has already lost anyway.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 01:19:31 pm »

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 01:30:40 pm »
If Trump does not fire Mueller and force this investigation to congress his presidency is doomed and the presidency itself will be seriously weakened.  Trump is in a very dangerous chess game here and it is time he simply refuses to play. The POTUS is exempt from the law except by congress.  He has no duty to investigate himself, or fund a rogue investigation that will intentionally drag on annd do nothing but hound him for four years.

I wish Clinton would have fired Starr, only because the Toon would have certainly been impeached and convicted had he done so.  Not so with Trump.  The rules have changed and there is no substance whatsoever to the allegations.  No one on our side will blame him.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 01:54:20 pm »
Anyone who quotes Keynes to support their argument has already lost anyway.

You got that right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-