Author Topic: Gingrich On Russian Investigation: 'The Fix Is In'.  (Read 2395 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Gingrich On Russian Investigation: 'The Fix Is In'.
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:20:29 pm »
daily caller
Ted Goodman
6:53 PM 06/19/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/19/exclusive-gingrich-on-russian-inve

Former Republican Speaker Newt Gingrich is deeply concerned about Robert Mueller’s ability to lead a non-partisan, unbiased investigation, he said in an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“The fix is in,” Gingrich told TheDCNF. “This is the establishment counter-attacking legally when they lost politically.”

Gingrich is specifically concerned about the fact that employees at Mueller’s ex-law firm, WilmerHale, gave $326,798 to Hillary Clinton in the run up to the 2016 presidential election, compared to the $628 that employees donated to Trump.

Robert Mueller, a distinguished attorney who served 12 years as FBI director under former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, was appointed to serve as special counsel for the Department of Justice in its investigation of any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Since his May 17 appointment by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Mueller has put together a team of lawyers including former prosecutor and WilmerHale partner Jeannie Rhee and former DOJ attorney Andrew Weissmann.

“I love this in terms of transparency, [Rhee’s] job was to defend the Clinton Foundation against Freedom of Information Acts,” Gingrich said. “I mean, you can’t make this stuff up.”

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Gingrich On Russian Investigation: 'The Fix Is In'.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:52:11 pm »
Gingrich has zero credibility.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 06:54:47 pm »
The 'fix' has been in even before Trump was sworn in.   IF they succeed in getting rid of Trump that of course leaves Pence; if he doesn't march to the beat of their drum, they have RINO Ryan waiting in the wings.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline anubias

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »
The 'fix' has been in even before Trump was sworn in.   IF they succeed in getting rid of Trump that of course leaves Pence; if he doesn't march to the beat of their drum, they have RINO Ryan waiting in the wings.

I suspect they have enough dirt on them both to keep them in check.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:03:37 pm »
Newt is a sad marshmellow clown.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:05:56 pm »
Gingrich has zero credibility.

To quote John Maynard Keynes: 

"When the facts change,  I change my mind.  What do you do sir?"

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:20 pm »
Priceless!

You see the two statements as contradicting each other.   I see the second statement as acknowledging that the facts have changed. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »

You see the two statements as contradicting each other.   I see the second statement as acknowledging that the facts have changed.

Mueller had a personality transplant between mid May and mid June?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:48:41 pm »
Mueller had a personality transplant between mid May and mid June?

Do I really have to explain this?   

The people he has been hiring have been exclusively left wing kook bats.   He's not even trying to balance out his investigative staff with anyone from the right.   

Do you look at different news sources than do I?  Were you unaware of this? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 09:51:00 pm »
And my point is it was expected. I knew Mueller was left leaning (to be kind). Newt certainly should have known.

Offline anubias

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:22 pm »

The people he has been hiring have been exclusively left wing kook bats.   He's not even trying to balance out his investigative staff with anyone from the right.   

Do you look at different news sources than do I?  Were you unaware of this?

They know this, but it's so much more fun to poke fun when the facts don't fit their narrative.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »
And my point is it was expected. I knew Mueller was left leaning (to be kind). Newt certainly should have known.

I didn't know Mueller leaned left.   This is the sort of thing that you would expect party leaders in Washington to know about,   but I don't run in these circles. 

Yes,  Newt probably should have known. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 10:16:37 pm »

I didn't know Mueller leaned left.   This is the sort of thing that you would expect party leaders in Washington to know about,   but I don't run in these circles. 

Yes,  Newt probably should have known.

It's cool - he did keep below the radar well as FBI chief, so it wouldn't have been as visible news-wise unless you were looking for it. About the only hint you'd have got was the Worm extending his term for 2 years, and even that Senate approval was masked by events (The media was going nuts about the News of the World closure following the phone hacking scandal over here) and him joining Jamie Gorelick's law firm.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:47 pm »

So how do you reconcile those actions with a reputation of honesty and integrity?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 10:46:20 pm »
So how do you reconcile those actions with a reputation of honesty and integrity?

They contradict that reputation.   Ergo,  the facts have changed.   Newt merely recognized that what he believed previously was not correct. 

I give people credit for realizing they have misjudged a situation. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 10:47:37 pm »

I agree.  I have learned a lot about Mueller and his various connections since he was appointed ... maybe Newt has also.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline endicom

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 11:26:29 pm »
I agree.  I have learned a lot about Mueller and his various connections since he was appointed ... maybe Newt has also.

@DiogenesLamp

I also agree. If Mueller has loaded up on lefties then the good reputation he had is now unwarranted.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 11:35:43 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

I also agree. If Mueller has loaded up on lefties then the good reputation he had is now unwarranted.

Mueller's actions have revealed that he does not deserve his previous good reputation.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 11:41:47 pm »
   Newt is a sellout, a hopeless cause, which explains why he was an early boarder on the Trump Train (among others).

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 03:20:06 am »

This is my thinking. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 03:20:46 am »
@DiogenesLamp

I think Newt was expressing an opinion based on what other people had told him.   As he learned more,  he realized it was wrong. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 03:21:09 am »
Mueller's actions have revealed that he does not deserve his previous good reputation.

Exactly. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 03:24:32 am »
   Newt is a sellout, a hopeless cause, which explains why he was an early boarder on the Trump Train (among others).

There are things that I regard as unsettling about Newt,   but I am not going to deny the man has a better grasp of politics than most.   

Newt is a highly intelligent man,  and he can offer surprising insight from time to time.   

He is often shrewd,   but on occasion he is just bone headed stupid. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 03:45:10 am »

There are things that I regard as unsettling about Newt,   but I am not going to deny the man has a better grasp of politics than most.   

Newt is a highly intelligent man,  and he can offer surprising insight from time to time.   

He is often shrewd,   but on occasion he is just bone headed stupid. 

I have mixed feelings about Newt.  I once liked him a lot.  I don't think he's particularly relevant anymore but I don't hate him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.