Author Topic: A Woman President? The Dream Lives On With Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris And Others Who Could Run in 2020  (Read 921 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Woman President? The Dream Lives On With Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris And Others Who Could Run in 2020
By Aidan Quigley On 6/18/17 at 7:40 AM

With Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s stunning election night loss to now-President Donald Trump, the largest glass ceiling in American politics remained intact. The literal glass ceiling at the Clinton election-night party at the Javits Center in New York added insult to injury for those hoping to see the election of the first female president.

Of the United States’ 44 presidents, all have been men. But with Donald Trump struggling with strikingly low approval ratings in his first year in office, some are already envisioning the 2020 field.

California Senator Kamala Harris’ strong questioning of Attorney General Jeff Sessions has re-ignited speculation that she could be a contender in 2020. A number of Democratic women seem well-suited for the 2020 race, and if Trump finds himself susceptible to a Republican primary challenge in 2020, a couple of women would be well-positioned to launch that challenge.

more
http://www.newsweek.com/hold-weekend-eight-women-who-may-run-president-2020-626894
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Knowing the GOP as I think I do, they'll counter with this 'thing'.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'd like to see a woman president in my lifetime.

I learned all about politics from volunteering for my congresswoman back in High School as an extra curricular activity for college applications.

My congresswoman was Millicent Fenwick. She would have been a dang good president I think, may she rest in peace.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Have no objections to a woman President. Just lots of objections to the women listed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Have no objections to a woman President. Just lots of objections to the women listed.

How about Selina. Meyer ?  :silly:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

Interesting that Chelsea was left off the list.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

I want Ann Coulter!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline DiogenesLamp

As a matter of principle,   I have no issues with a woman being President.   However,  what I do have an issue with is the notion that someone must be a woman President. 

We need to refrain from class or group advocacy as a matter of principle. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mom MD

I would love to see a woman president.  A good strong conservative woman ala Maggie Thatcher.  That would be fun. Unfortunately I dont see any good candidates on the horizon right now....
God is still in control

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Fiorina took half the value out of Hewlett Packard when she was there, so, no, I don't see turning over the economy to her as an option.

But I would like to know, in all sincerity, what I'm missing about Nikki Haley that might disqualify her?

Fauxcahontas we all know, HAHAHAH.

Kamala Harris however, is one very nasty piece of corrupto-crat. Keep a close eye on her if you don't want her stealing that eye right out of your head.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Having a woman President just for the sake of having a woman President is absurd. I will wait for a qualified and ethical woman to emerge.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Snoozeweak isn't interested in a woman President. They want a full out Commie Pinko.