Author Topic: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish  (Read 10498 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 12:58:17 am »
Cobb County - 1 of 50 precincts reporting
Candidate          Party    Votes    Percentage
Karen Handel    R    9,366    55%
Jon Ossoff      D    7,761    45%

Dekalb County - 5 of 43 precincts reporting
Jon Ossoff      D    16,982    60%
Karen Handel    R    11,434    40%

Fulton County - 8 of 115 precincts reporting
Karen Handel    R    39,383    52%
Jon Ossoff      D    36,686    48%

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2017, 01:03:14 am »
So what?  This doesn't answer my question @Once-Ler
Your question was "Are you saying McCain, McConnell and Cornyn are part of our last best hope?"

All three of them voted to confirm Gorsuch, and McConnell is the one who nuked the Senate to get it done.  It will cost the GOP, and ultimately America, the ability to prevent the next rat President from stacking the SCOTUS perhaps as early as 4 years from now.

I could talk for hours about war vet and POW John McCain.  I often disagreed with him on policy, but I am in awe of his political acumen and fortitude of will.  I could go into great detail on his years of plotting and planning, his 2000 trial run, and waiting, and re-adjusting his plans, and waiting for the right time, building a network of resources, culminating in the 2008 Presidential election and coming within a month or two of winning.  Just to see it shattered by a market crash...a crash predicted by the rats for almost 8 years.  It is a story that somebody should make into a movie.  It is as compelling as many Greek tragedies.

You see that?  I can't help myself.

It looks like McCain is losing his mental focus recently.  I would not count on him to lead and pick up the pieces after the coming nuclear armageddon, as foretold in the Word.

So NO on the "last best hope" question for McCain.

I had great admiration for McConnell.  In 2010 he said "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

I think Trump voted for Obama and praised him until he saw his wealth disappearing and decided he'd run for President on a lark.

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2015/07/14/trump-2010-obama-saved-us-from-another-depression/

And as a former lifelong Republican, I could list a couple dozen accomplishments and highlights of McConnell's.  But what would be the point?  You like Trump. 

I like McConnell for reasons you might scoff at.  Things like ideological and moral consistency, adult level communication skills, empathy for the least among us, sensitivity to the commands of his constituents,  perspicaciousness of the GOP image presented by the media to the masses, sesquipedalian explainations of policy, and expertise of the mechanics of government.  I was very happy McConnell didn't have to learn stuff on the job when he was elected Majority Leader.  Is he part of the "last best hope?"  SCOTUS Justice Gorsuch thinks so, I have my doubts.

Senator Cornyn?  I wish he was my Senator too.  I'm very happy with my Senator Ron Johnson, but I respect Senator Cornyn immensely.  President Cornyn...hmmm.

Sadly they are all tainted with the embarrassment of President Trump, and I expect the rats to undo all of President Trump's EOs, and the Senate's 50/50 votes.  So I have no "last best hope." I'm just watching the water circle and circle, and emptying down the drain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:35 am »
Looks like bleep is losing.

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2017, 01:11:59 am »
@Once-Ler

Yeah,you would have been ecstatic if it had been JEB or Lady Lindsey,right?
Ecstatic? no
Happy? maybe
Embarrassed? no
Frightened? no
Disgusted? no
Pessimistic? no
Drunk? yes

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2017, 01:15:03 am »
I think Jeb would've gotten more done than Trump that's for sure.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:19:55 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2017, 01:18:50 am »
Cobb County - 22 of 50 precincts reporting
Karen Handel    R    22,515    60%
Jon Ossoff      D      15,164      40%

Dekalb County - 21 of 43 precincts reporting
Jon Ossoff      D      22,586      59%
Karen Handel    R    15,822    41%

Fulton County - 39 of 115 precincts reporting
Karen Handel    R    46,125    53%
Jon Ossoff      D      41,531      47%

Last election, Ossoff took 42% of Cobb, 59% of Dekalb, and 48% of Fulton.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2017, 01:21:58 am »

I think you're smoking crack.  Any inkling of support that I had for Jeb was lost when I saw how he squandered all that campaign cash with zero to show for it.  Seriously, with all that backing, he blew it.  Even his million-dollar campaign commercials sucked.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2017, 01:26:03 am »

I didn't vote for Trump.  But hey, thanks for playing.  We have some wonderful consolation prizes for you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:47:59 am by Mod1 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2017, 01:30:44 am »
I didn't vote for Trump.  But hey, thanks for playing.  We have some wonderful consolation prizes for you.

Ignore sick personal attack.  How does the election look now?  Either declared the winner?

Offline endicom

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2017, 01:31:35 am »
Cobb County - 22 of 50 precincts reporting
Karen Handel    R    22,515    60%
Jon Ossoff      D      15,164      40%

Jon Ossoff      D      22,586      59%

Last election, Ossoff took 42% of Cobb, 59% of Dekalb, and 48% of Fulton.

So far, so good.

If I have it right then Ossoff has well outspent Handel as Clinton did Trump. Seeing that spending wasted would do my heart good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2017, 01:32:03 am »
Ignore sick personal attack.  How does the election look now?  Either declared the winner?

I'm calling it for Handel right now.  You heard it here first.

Oceander

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2017, 01:32:57 am »
I'm pissy because Trump won, instead of a human candidate.

:bigsilly:

I hear ya!

Online DB

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2017, 01:39:49 am »
Drudge has called it for Handel.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2017, 01:40:22 am »
Cobb County - 39 of 50 precincts reporting
Karen Handel    R    32,790    61%
Jon Ossoff      D      21,314    39%

Jon Ossoff      D      22,586    59%

Cobb's vote total will exceed April's 60,800.  That is good for Handel.

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2017, 01:40:59 am »
Congrats Congresswoman Handel on winning the most expensive House election in history.  Over 30 Million dollars. 

This is progress. 

Swamp draining even.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:28 am »
Drudge has called it for Handel.

Drudge must have seen my post.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2017, 01:42:21 am »

Thank God no one wanted what he was offering.   :smokin:

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2017, 01:43:47 am »
Congrats Congresswoman Handel on winning the most expensive House election in history.  Over 30 Million dollars. 

So .. you prefer a loss and a waste of the money spent?  Fascinating.   :pondering:

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:42 am »

Bill Mitchell‏Verified account @mitchellvii 3m3 minutes ago
 Mail-ins coming in for dekalb shortly. Race should tighten. i hate mail in ballots - so easy to cheat 

@Hoodat

Oceander

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:52 am »
So .. you prefer a loss and a waste of the money spent?  Fascinating.   :pondering:

Hardly.  What's wrong with pointing out that this was a grossly expensive campaign?

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2017, 01:49:28 am »

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2017, 01:50:10 am »
Hardly.  What's wrong with pointing out that this was a grossly expensive campaign?

Oh, I'm not looking for a debate.  I simply found your comment fascinating. 

Online DB

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2017, 01:51:44 am »

How did you twist what you quoted into that?

Online DB

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:38 am »

What?

Oceander

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:45 am »

Wasn't my comment.  Look again.