Author Topic: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish  (Read 10487 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Georgia special election hurtles toward nail-biting finish
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:45 pm »
Oh by the way, we tried the win by losing crap in 06.. Didn't work out.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:55 pm »
The media will keep looking for that special election that 'forecasts the 2018 midterms' until they find one with an  outcome they like.

@skeeter

Yup,it's always about trying to reach the typical uninformed voter that just wants to be on the "winning side" to prove how smart they are.

Which is precisely what they do,although not in the positive manner they hope for.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »
Maybe it wouldn't be so close if the Pubs actually did what they promised they would do for 7 long years.

@bilo

And maybe the sun will come up in the west tomorrow?

It's been nothing but one betrayal after another ever since the RINO establishment joined forces with the Dims to destroy Newt and the Actual Conservative Republican Congress. Mostly be switching party labels in infiltrating the alleged Republican Party to support leftist candidates over conservative candidates.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »
And during those 8 long years the Pubs said give us the House, the Senate the Presidency and we will undo this mess. Now after they've gotten everything they asked for they won't repeal obamacare. The wont change the tax code to promote savings and investment. They won't control our borders. They won't defund planned parenthood. They will tell us they just don't have enough votes.

@bilo

Thank you! The only fault I can find with your posts is you should have added "and they won't even try" behind each reason you listed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »
He made a mess of the country for 8 years ... it can't be cleaned up in six months.

@Emjay

How many more years are you going to be willing to keep making excuses for the lack of action by the alleged Republicans?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »
Not this time, and not in this district.  Conservatives here are sick and tired of being lied to and taken for granted.  Dedication must be earned.  On the other side, there is quite a bit of dedication.  Even more, there is quite a bit of hard work.  Ossoff people come to my door and call my house frequently.  Yes, a live person calls, not some robo-call from the RNC.  And since the original election, the Democrats have been able to register thousands of new voters.  This is a very close race.  Don't kid yourself.  And if the Dems win, it will be because they earned it.
@Hoodat

Thanks for your post.  You are saying the Republicans won't show up due to Trump/other Republicans not getting the job done, so some/many aren't going to vote?  And, somehow Dems got thousands of new voters registered between the election and now?  It will be interesting to see the results of this election.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 02:46:18 pm »
Here's where the special election will be "won":

Early-vote turnout soars in Georgia special election
Politico, Jun 17, 2017

Early voting in Georgia's special House election closed Friday evening with over 140,000 ballots cast, with overall turnout looking likely to rise in Tuesday's closely watched matchup between Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel.

The early voters in the second round include over 36,000 people who did not participate in April, according to data from the Georgia secretary of state's office. That includes past voters who stayed home as well as newly registered voters who added their names to the rolls in Georgia's 6th District after the primary.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/17/early-voting-georgia-special-election-2017-239663

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 03:08:04 pm »
as well as newly registered voters who added their names to the rolls in Georgia's 6th District after the primary.

Those would be Democrat voters.

Federal judge orders Georgia to reopen voter registration ahead of 6th District runoff
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 03:17:35 pm »
Those would be Democrat voters.

Federal judge orders Georgia to reopen voter registration ahead of 6th District runoff

Yup.  This will continue until the desired outcome is achieved @Hoodat .   **nononono*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
@Emjay

How many more years are you going to be willing to keep making excuses for the lack of action by the alleged Republicans?

When will you stop beating your wife?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 06:35:19 pm »

When she makes me a sandwich. Your turn.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 07:10:39 pm »
When she makes me a sandwich. Your turn.

The guilty flee when no man pursueth.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 07:13:54 pm »

Ooops.  I'm in for it now.  The last time I quoted the Bible, I was brutally attacked and have only recently been released from the hospital 

At least ten people are sure to tell me that it's the 'wicked' who flee.  Anyway, somebody flees.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 07:28:53 pm »
Yup.  This will continue until the desired outcome is achieved @Hoodat .   **nononono*

And the State GOP didn't lift a finger to stop it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 07:30:45 pm »

I've always preferred that version. Why would the wicked flee without pursuit? They don't have a conscience.  :tongue2:

Now, seriously though - when's the expiry date for excuses? Next year? Next century? The Worm pulled the "but Bush" excuse for 7 years and you were having none of that. When do you say enough when it's your guy?

Related - lot of times people will say Reagan's maxim "It's better to get 70% of what you want" - what's the cut off? 50%? 30%? 3%?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline the_doc

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 08:05:51 pm »

I think you need to relearn basic Civics...

Having studied basic Civics and more, I suspect that we are doomed.  Basic Civics seems to presuppose that we have honorable leaders. 

Let's see:  We have about four out of 100 in the Senate and about forty out of 453 in the House.  Most of the lousy Republicans in both Chambers are likely to be re-elected, unless a lousy Democrat beats them.

We also have a Republican Chief Justice who declared Obamacare is legal--probably the most preposterously convoluted legal decision in American history. 

And we have Trump in the White House.  I am almost willing to give him a break (despite his lifelong record of pretty obscene lies), but I don't see any signs that he is ready to drain the D.C. as he had promised.  After all, he said that Hillary and Bill are "good people."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:07:13 pm by the_doc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 08:19:53 pm »
I've always preferred that version. Why would the wicked flee without pursuit? They don't have a conscience.  :tongue2:

Now, seriously though - when's the expiry date for excuses? Next year? Next century? The Worm pulled the "but Bush" excuse for 7 years and you were having none of that. When do you say enough when it's your guy?

Related - lot of times people will say Reagan's maxim "It's better to get 70% of what you want" - what's the cut off? 50%? 30%? 3%?

How about Reagan's maxim ... let's go with 70%.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 08:26:10 pm »

@Emjay

Does that pass for "clever" in your circles?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 08:28:47 pm »
And the State GOP didn't lift a finger to stop it.

@Hoodat

Of course not. They are afraid if they upset their goombas,the Dims,that the Dims won't let them dip their beaks into any of the good stuff they organize.

A few might even be reduced to living on their congressional pay!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »
How about Reagan's maxim ... let's go with 70%.
Wrong site, for that version of Reagan.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 09:12:42 pm »
@Emjay

Is snark your only weapon?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »
@Emjay

Actually, it was apropos.    You accused me of a lot of things I neither feel nor do.

So I thought I would wonder about things you probably don't do.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 09:22:02 pm »
@bilo

And maybe the sun will come up in the west tomorrow?

It's been nothing but one betrayal after another ever since the RINO establishment joined forces with the Dims to destroy Newt and the Actual Conservative Republican Congress. Mostly be switching party labels in infiltrating the alleged Republican Party to support leftist candidates over conservative candidates.

1994.   The year we bitch slapped Bill Clinton.    We rocked the establishment that year,   but then they struck back.   

Were it not for Timothy McVeigh blowing up a building,  the Washington Establishment and their New York media lackeys would have been pushed back.   

McVeigh was certainly bad luck.   All he did was help the Washington establishment. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline bilo

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »

1994.   The year we bitch slapped Bill Clinton.    We rocked the establishment that year,   but then they struck back.   

Were it not for Timothy McVeigh blowing up a building,  the Washington Establishment and their New York media lackeys would have been pushed back.   

McVeigh was certainly bad luck.   All he did was help the Washington establishment. 

Interesting point I never thought of.

I remember well the rise of Gingrich and the "back benchers". They got a lot done. I had similar hopes with the Pubs controlling the House, Senate and Presidency. So far I see no reason to believe those hopes will be fulfilled. Reading the posts of those that keep saying "be patient", "we just need more conservatives" I can't help but think they have beaten wife syndrome. Their husband beats them and they won't leave them because they "love" him. The Pubs won't just see me walk away from voting for them if they don't fulfill their promises. They will also see my donations go to a 3rd party. Enough is Enough it's time to put up.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 10:10:32 pm »
Interesting point I never thought of.

I don't believe in conspiracies,   but I do believe that the weirdest things sometimes happen in History;   Fluke events that completely change the subsequent consequences.   McVeigh was just such an event.   

No,  the establishment didn't put him up to it,  he and his group were a collection of kooks.   

But the establishment certainly reaped the benefits of what he did.   So did Bill Clinton.   

I remember well the rise of Gingrich and the "back benchers". They got a lot done.

They would have done a lot more if it weren't for that fool McVeigh.   We were about to kick some bureaucrat and Liberal @$$ till McVeigh flipped the narrative and scared everyone away from reigning in the government. 

Clinton was shell shocked by the 1994 election results.   So was the media.   They were simply withered,  and could not find their voice.   We had them on the run.   

Once McVeigh woke them up,  they immediately went on a savage attack against everyone who believed in reigning in the government.   They kept portraying us as like McVeigh. 

It worked.   Public support for reigning in the government dropped precipitously. 

I had similar hopes with the Pubs controlling the House, Senate and Presidency. So far I see no reason to believe those hopes will be fulfilled. Reading the posts of those that keep saying "be patient", "we just need more conservatives" I can't help but think they have beaten wife syndrome. Their husband beats them and they won't leave them because they "love" him.

I am a broken record.   The reasons for what you mention above are the media.   When Republicans go against what Liberals controlling media want,  they are attacked and savaged.   They find it easier to just go along. 

It's the media that are manipulating our elections,  and through their manipulations of our elections,   they are defacto manipulating policy. 

This is why our guys are as weak as water.  They are afraid of what the media would do to them if they did what conservatives want done.   

The Pubs won't just see me walk away from voting for them if they don't fulfill their promises. They will also see my donations go to a 3rd party. Enough is Enough it's time to put up.

Don't donate to the party.   Only donate to candidates. 

As another suggestion,  there is an idea of which I have just thought today.   

One America News Network needs to be boosted to a full broadcast network.    I'm thinking that if we just add money to it,  it will grow.    I'm thinking that some of our money could be better spent capitalizing that business.   

We need a real voice that can reach millions on a nightly basis.   We need a new replacement for what Fox news used to be. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —