Author Topic: ‘Terminate The Republican Party’ Page Still Exists on Facebook  (Read 2450 times)

Oceander

Re: ‘Terminate The Republican Party’ Page Still Exists on Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »
This is more specifically what I was talking about.  I'm sure there are many people that would say the same thing about this site.  I am cautious about calling for any type of censorship.

And I would never suggest that the government be used to censor people.  I don't see a problem telling a private business I patronize that I don't approve of something they do, even when that includes telling them I think they should take down something someone else posted.  They don't have to do it.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 07:57:04 pm »
The Terminate the Republican Party page says at the top that they do not condone violence.  So why report it and not the other?  Because of the number of people that are subscribed to it?  Because of the length of time it has existed?

I don't care that a moderator of the page put a disclaimer at the top.  Putting warnings on packs of cigarettes didn't matter either.  What matters is the content the moderators allow to remain on the page.  The content on the "Democrats" page doesn't rise to the level, yet.  It's the content of the posted matter that is important, not the title of the page.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:58:23 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 08:19:31 pm »
I submitted a Report.  I'll post the rejection of my report when it comes in.

To whom did you submit it?

I made a general comment on my page, but I'm pretty sure no one in charge of anything reads my page.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 08:24:31 pm »
To whom did you submit it?

I made a general comment on my page, but I'm pretty sure no one in charge of anything reads my page.  :shrug:

I filed a report with Bookface.  There is a button at the top of the page (looks like part of the "Join" button, with an ellipses) that takes you to some multiple-choice categories of complaint.  As @EC suggested, choose "Violence" not "Hate speech" because nothing we think of as hate speech is listed in the subcategory page.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2017, 08:28:22 pm »
Sorry, but I can't agree with you there.  The page clearly states, "We do not condone violence in this group."  I'm not in favour of censorship of things just because some kook takes things the wrong way, Thomas Becket  notwithstanding.

Well, see, that's sort of it.  It's not at all clear that Henry's henchmen took it wrong. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2017, 08:37:57 pm »
There's also a Terminate The Democratic Party page.  Anyone write to have it removed?

That had 51 members, all new.

My guess is that when the light was shined on the Dem page some leftie trolls started it to say, "SEE!!  They do it too!"

Not at all the same thing as the original hate-filled leftist page.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »
My guess is that when the light was shined on the Dem page some leftie trolls started it to say, "SEE!!  They do it too!"

That's why I reported it. I detest lazy trolling. If you're gonna troll, do it right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »
I filed a report with Bookface.  There is a button at the top of the page (looks like part of the "Join" button, with an ellipses) that takes you to some multiple-choice categories of complaint.  As @EC suggested, choose "Violence" not "Hate speech" because nothing we think of as hate speech is listed in the subcategory page.

Sorry for my lack of comprehension, but where is the button and on what page is that button?

I'm on FB, and I don't see any such button.  Is Bookface a separate place entirely??  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:39:58 pm by musiclady »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:32 pm »
Go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415090015389620/

Look for the button that says Join Group. Next to it is a button with ... on it. Click on that button.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 09:47:57 pm »
Go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415090015389620/

Look for the button that says Join Group. Next to it is a button with ... on it. Click on that button.

Excellent!  Tis done!

Thank you VERY much, @EC .  I don't feel quite as stupid now.  :dx1:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:06 pm »
And I would never suggest that the government be used to censor people.  I don't see a problem telling a private business I patronize that I don't approve of something they do, even when that includes telling them I think they should take down something someone else posted.  They don't have to do it.   

@Oceander
@Cyber Liberty

You know what, I've had second thoughts on this.  I applied the idea to some of the ideas being preached within the Muslim community and can understand that from that side of things pages and groups like need some constraint.

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:32 pm »
@Oceander
@Cyber Liberty

You know what, I've had second thoughts on this.  I applied the idea to some of the ideas being preached within the Muslim community and can understand that from that side of things pages and groups like need some constraint.

Agreed.  And from my perspective, I don't see anything wrong with an individual simply trying to persuade a private business not to do something.  To me that is not the same thing as censorship by the government.