Author Topic: G.O.P. Senators Might Not Realize It, but Not One State Supports the Republican Health Bill  (Read 921 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/upshot/gop-senators-might-not-realize-it-but-not-one-state-supports-the-ahca.htm

Not excerpting.

This is a new low even for the NYT. An article about a poll - which doesn't exist and wasn't carried out.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The article, thankfully, has been pulled.

Maybe we should have had the excerpt!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

We should have excerpted.  That's the only way to prevent the lies from being dumped down the memory hole. 

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The NYT and WashPo are just throwing stories out there now, and burying the retraction when legitimately questioned, leaving the impression in more gullible readers that the stories were true to start with.  It's pretty amazing.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Thank You yet again, NYT.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Polly Ticks

LOL -- that's awesome!
I had to have two replacement company laptops over-nighted to me within a 6-day span a few weeks ago.  It wasn't very fun.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The NYT and WashPo are just throwing stories out there now, and burying the retraction when legitimately questioned, leaving the impression in more gullible readers that the stories were true to start with.  It's pretty amazing.

One would think they'd have lost ALL credibility by now.  I hope Sarah Palin goes through with her plan to sue the New York Times.  They totally defamed her in that Griffith shooting.

People should start suing for libel and see what sticks.  It's really hard because one has to prove 'intent to libel' ...That should be changed.  If you libel someone, intent is obvious.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.