Author Topic: Trump says he is under investigation by Mueller, slams probe as ‘witch hunt’  (Read 2525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Sally Persons - The Washington Times - Updated: 9:43 a.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017

President Trump confirmed he is being investigated on Friday in a new tweet.

“I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt,” Mr. Trumptweeted.

He again denied any kind of collusion with the Russian government.

“After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my ‘collusion with the Russians,’ nobody has been able to show any proof. Sad!” Mr. Trumptweeted.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/16/donald-trump-denies-collusion-slams-media-tweets/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Mueller is wholly corrupt. Anything he does now is going to be viewed as partisan hackery.

Offline Victoria33

I recall Trump saying over and over he was going to fire Comey anyway.  Then he bragged to the Russians in his office that Comey was a nutcase and the Russian case pressure was off him.

Offline Applewood

I wish Trump would take his lawyers' advice and SHADDUP!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Like hell you do.   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

President Trump is also pointing the finger at Rosenstein.  I was completely dumbfounded that he picked him in the first place; he worked under Clinton, Bammy and was appointed as counsel by Holder!  What the heck was he thinking??  I'm beginning to wonder if he's picking some of these people to fire them and get them out of his way.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/16/trump-confirms-hes-under-investigation-takes-swipe-at-rosenstein.html
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:08:57 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://circa.com/politics/accountability/trump-said-he-is-being-investigated-for-firing-ex-fbi-director-james-comey
Trump said he is 'being investigated for firing' ex-FBI director James Comey....by Circa News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Trump is his own worst enemy. The 'master communicator' sabotages himself. Red meat for fans, but self-destructive in terms of protecting himself legally.

Offline ABX

President Trump is also pointing the finger at Rosenstein.  I was completely dumbfounded that he picked him in the first place; he worked under Clinton, Bammy and was appointed as counsel by Holder!  What the heck was he thinking??  I'm beginning to wonder if he's picking some of these people to fire them and get them out of his way.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/16/trump-confirms-hes-under-investigation-takes-swipe-at-rosenstein.html

If he is picking people to fill departmental roles, then no, many of these picks don't make sense. If, however, if he is picking people to fill certain 'roles' like you would cast people in a WWE storyline, then the picks make a lot of sense. He needs foils, opponents, heroes, and victims. It is like casting characters, not hiring employees.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mueller is wholly corrupt. Anything he does now is going to be viewed as partisan hackery.

Remind me again who chose Mueller to head the investigation?

I believe it's the same guy who said he considered him for the FBI job in the current administration.

That would lay any claims of partisan hackery squarely at the feet of the person that chose Mueller as the SP.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

Trump is his own worst enemy. The 'master communicator' sabotages himself. Red meat for fans, but self-destructive in terms of protecting himself legally.

Precisely.  There is a reason why, in any situation where there is even a very low chance a client might be in criminal trouble, lawyers will advise that client to be quiet.   There have been many cases where people have talked too much -- maybe said the wrong thing -- and ended up in the hoosegow.

I don't know of these investigations will amount to anything. Maybe they are a "witch hunt" as Trump claims.  But until they are over, Trump should refrain from talking and tweeting about them. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

He has made a number of fairly spectacular missteps.

Offline ABX

Precisely.  There is a reason why, in any situation where there is even a very low chance a client might be in criminal trouble, lawyers will advise that client to be quiet.   There have been many cases where people have talked too much -- maybe said the wrong thing -- and ended up in the hoosegow.

I don't know of these investigations will amount to anything. Maybe they are a "witch hunt" as Trump claims.  But until they are over, Trump should refrain from talking and tweeting about them.

We are in the middle of this right now with a tiny town close to us and a very corrupt former police chief and city manager. Some citizens filed a lawsuit against them for some of the criminal things they did and the idiot police chief is all over Facebook and news article comment sections trashing every single person that say anything about it and attacking the people who filed the suit and even attacking the Texas Rangers who are investigating his department. His own mouth is showing his guilt and is destroying any defense he had. Every single one of those comments I know are being screen captured as evidence.

Silver Pines

@AbaraXas

It's compulsive.  He just can't seem to control himself.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't just want out of the job but have someone else besides himself to blame it on because everything he does seems to just make everything worse for him.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If he is picking people to fill departmental roles, then no, many of these picks don't make sense. If, however, if he is picking people to fill certain 'roles' like you would cast people in a WWE storyline, then the picks make a lot of sense. He needs foils, opponents, heroes, and victims. It is like casting characters, not hiring employees.
AbaraXas, you think you can come in here?...the People's political forum and spout your rudy-poo candy ass WWE analogy?!?

Well the Donald says this...
The Donald is going to walk down the People's runway.  He's going to get into the People's ring.  He's gonna take that analogy.  He's gonna shine that sumabich up real nice.  AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY A$$!

And there are only two things you can do about it.
Like it, and nuthin.

If You Smell...What The Donald... IS COOKING!

I love this show :laugh:

Offline DB

Like hell you do.   *****rollingeyes*****

Actually most of us would prefer Trump not self destruct even if we believe he will. Just because you expect someone to do something bad based on past behavior doesn't mean you want them to.

Offline Applewood

We are in the middle of this right now with a tiny town close to us and a very corrupt former police chief and city manager. Some citizens filed a lawsuit against them for some of the criminal things they did and the idiot police chief is all over Facebook and news article comment sections trashing every single person that say anything about it and attacking the people who filed the suit and even attacking the Texas Rangers who are investigating his department. His own mouth is showing his guilt and is destroying any defense he had. Every single one of those comments I know are being screen captured as evidence.

People don't seem to realize that what they put on the Internet never truly disappears. 

Offline Applewood

Actually most of us would prefer Trump not self destruct even if we believe he will. Just because you expect someone to do something bad based on past behavior doesn't mean you want them to.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Amen to that!  I would love to see Trump succeed based on many of his campaign promises.

Offline jpsb

I like his tweets. "Being investigated for firing FBI director by the guy that told me to fire the FBI director" is classic Trump. he just under cut the entire investigation in 138 letters.

Oceander

I like his tweets. "Being investigated for firing FBI director by the guy that told me to fire the FBI director" is classic Trump. he just under cut the entire investigation in 138 letters.

He didn't undercut it one bit.  He simply muddied the waters further and made it more likely the investigation will drag on for longer and longer. 

Oceander

:thumbsup:

Exactly.

Offline jpsb

He didn't undercut it one bit.  He simply muddied the waters further and made it more likely the investigation will drag on for longer and longer.

Yeah so says the NeverTrumpers. Did the DAG recommend that Comey be fired? Simple yes no question. As for this "investigation" it is as plan as the nose on your face that the "investigation" is a witch hunt with one objective - take out Trump. Over turn the election result, drive a stake into the heart of our constitutional election process. But yeah yall will get to say "I told you so".

Offline jpsb

Give me a break, you guys have been rooting for Trumps down fall ever since he was elected. A little honesty from time to time would be nice.