Author Topic: ‘Hunt’ Republicans, says Union County Democrat in response to shooting  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
RAHWAY — A longtime Democratic operative from Union County has responded to the Wednesday shooting of a congressman by calling for a “hunt” of Republicans.

James Devine posted several messages on Facebook and Twitter following the Alexandra, Virginia, shooting of U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise and several others by a gunman with a history of violence and of making online rantings against Republican officials and their policies.

“We are in a war with selfish, foolish & narcissistic rich people. Why is it a shock when things turn violent?” Devine posted on social media, ending the message with the hashtag: #HuntRepublicanCongressmen...

Read More: http://nj1015.com/hunt-republicans-says-union-county-democrat-in-response-to-shooting/
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

That sounds like a call to action to me. Specifically a threat to do harm.

It's time for law enforcement to do something about things like this.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And how many of them who are in unions agree with the sentiment?

This is the kind of stuff the Blackshirts and Brownshirts did to bring about the dictatorships in Europe in the 20's and 30's.

Nothing new under the sun.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mom MD

This is inciting violence.  Law enforcement should pay this guy a visit.
God is still in control

Offline Frank Cannon

This little fat turd has a shady history....

Rahway mayoral candidate found guilty of shoplifting

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2014/04/rahway_mayoral_candidate_of_shoplifting_charge.html

LINDEN — Rahway mayoral candidate James Devine was found guilty tonight of stealing more than $20 worth of items from a city grocery store.

Municipal Court Judge Cassandra Corbett found that Devine intentionally concealed two bags of prewashed lettuce, a protein supplement and hair conditioner on a July 19, 2013, trip to the local ShopRite without planning to pay for them.

“I do find that Mr. Devine…did conceal the items… and so I therefore find Mr. Devine guilty of shoplifting,” she said.

After court, Devine vowed to appeal, saying the surveillance video tape of the incident shows he didn’t intentionally conceal the $22.47 worth of items.

He called the ruling “ludicrous.”

“It’s a miscarriage of justice that I find inexplicable,” he said.

Corbett could have sentenced him to jail time or community service, but because it was his first shoplifting offense, she said she would fine him $200. She also imposed another $158 in court costs and fees.

Corbett said Devine had the items in a Pathmark shopping bag and was convinced that he didn’t plan to pay for them because they were on the side of the cashier’s conveyor belt that holds items for which customers were already charged.

She said the videotape shows him checking his receipt, putting it in his wallet and walking out the first set of doors before he was confronted by a security officer.

But Devine said the cashier moved the bag of items to the other side of the conveyor belt without scanning them while he was distracted looking through his coupons.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:47:34 am by Frank Cannon »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The man needs to get some fresh air. Have a change of scenery. Take a walk.

A perp walk, leave the window down a little in the squad car, let him learn to love institutional green...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
We tend to dismiss merchants of hate in the hope they will simply fade away, which is a big mistake.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like a real rough, tough, creampuff. Never have understood why the Left is always trying to do this kind of stuff to the people that have all the guns.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mom MD

Sounds like a real rough, tough, creampuff. Never have understood why the Left is always trying to do this kind of stuff to the people that have all the guns.

I think we on the right need to realize we are now all targets of an increasingly violent left.  Unfortunately we need to watch our back at all times. Right now it appears to be just the nutjobs and fringe publicly saying these things, but if more and more are publicly calling for violence, you know a lot more of the silent ones are thinking it as well. 

God is still in control

Oceander

Rahway, NJ.  Go figure.

Offline CSM

I think we on the right need to realize we are now all targets of an increasingly violent left.  Unfortunately we need to watch our back at all times. Right now it appears to be just the nutjobs and fringe publicly saying these things, but if more and more are publicly calling for violence, you know a lot more of the silent ones are thinking it as well.

I was walking through a relatively empty parking lot earlier this week and wasn't really paying much attention.  It occurred to me later that I need to be much more diligent if I walk across that parking lot again.  The traffic in the area is mostly urban.  I am a very pale white guy, so I realized later that I would be a perfect target in that situation.

It saddens me that such a thought entered my mind, but it is even more sad that in America it is a legitimate thought to consider.