Author Topic: GOP rep. received threatening email with subject line 'One down, 216 to go...' after lawmaker shooting  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

GOP rep. received threatening email with subject line 'One down, 216 to go...' after lawmaker shooting
The Hill, Jun 14, 2017

The office of Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) received a threatening email with the subject line “One down, 216 to go…,” shortly after a shooter opened fire on GOP lawmakers who were at a congressional baseball practice, according to her office.

The person who sent the email then wrote in the body of the email, "Did you NOT expect this?"

"Did you NOT expect this? When you take away ordinary peoples very lives in order to pay off the wealthiest among us, your own lives are forfeit. Certainly, your souls and morality were lost long before. Good riddance,” the email said.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337782-gop-rep-received-threatening-email-with-subject-line-one-down-216-to-go-after

Offline skeeter

By all means lets not politicize this shooting by calling out the democrats for their inflammatory words. That would be divisive.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:05:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline Mesaclone

GOP rep. received threatening email with subject line 'One down, 216 to go...' after lawmaker shooting
The Hill, Jun 14, 2017

The office of Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) received a threatening email with the subject line “One down, 216 to go…,” shortly after a shooter opened fire on GOP lawmakers who were at a congressional baseball practice, according to her office.

The person who sent the email then wrote in the body of the email, "Did you NOT expect this?"

"Did you NOT expect this? When you take away ordinary peoples very lives in order to pay off the wealthiest among us, your own lives are forfeit. Certainly, your souls and morality were lost long before. Good riddance,” the email said.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/house/337782-gop-rep-received-threatening-email-with-subject-line-one-down-216-to-go-after

That's just twisted and sick.

This gunman was a hardcore NeverTrump and Bernie Sanders supporting guy who apparently wrote extensive on-line anti-Trump rantings. This whole left wing hate stuff is out of control...plays about killing the president, fake beheadings of him....that kind of talk has consequences. I oppose banning any kind of political speech, but these folks saying and doing these disturbing anti-Trump hate cannot dodge responsibility when the result is this kind of assault and atmosphere. They can't be dealt with in legal terms, but that does not mean they can't be called out and ostracized from the rational body politic.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

This gunman was a hardcore NeverTrump...

THAT is what is twisted and sick.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

They can't be dealt with in legal terms, but that does not mean they can't be called out and ostracized from the rational body politic.
There is no rational body politic.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
We haven't even seen the start of it yet.

As the Dems Trump/Putin Punch and Judy show collapses in on itself, the Dem street thugs - who've been BS-ed into expecting to see Trump impeached and possibly arrested - are going to riot.

Holder and Lynch's race riots will pale in comparison.

This is going to be one very hot summer indeed.

It's a shame we won't be able to prosecute the Congressional cretins who cooked this up for Sedition and Incitement To Riot.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

"Did you NOT expect this? When you take away ordinary peoples very lives in order to pay off the wealthiest among us, your own lives are forfeit.

Endless propaganda has too many people believing this, all evidence to the contrary. They need to be 'woke' to reality.

Offline Mesaclone

THAT is what is twisted and sick.

Distort much...the EMAIL was twisted and sick.

The ensuing paragraph was about a different point altogether....not sure why you would try to connect the two when I clearly did not do so in my post. I suppose its easier to distort something than to refute it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The ensuing paragraph was about a different point altogether....not sure why you would try to connect the two when I clearly did not do so in my post. I suppose its easier to distort something than to refute it.

Nice try, but I know what you were attempting with the inclusion, so - no cigar.  Your lame attempt was just as sick and twisted as the e-mail sent to Tenney.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

This gunman was a hardcore NeverTrump and Bernie Sanders supporting guy who apparently wrote extensive on-line anti-Trump rantings. This whole left wing hate stuff is out of control...plays about killing the president, fake beheadings of him....that kind of talk has consequences. I oppose banning any kind of political speech, but these folks saying and doing these disturbing anti-Trump hate cannot dodge responsibility when the result is this kind of assault and atmosphere. They can't be dealt with in legal terms, but that does not mean they can't be called out and ostracized from the rational body politic.
Why don't you confine your characterization of the shooter as a hardcore Bernie supporter and leave Conservative nevertrump folks the bleep out of it? Quit trying to conflate us with the Liberals you are politically closer to.

I'll gladly do a time-out to ask you that.You're as bad as the effing Dems.

Yeah, I spelled it out with no frills to get past the filter, but the question and the characterization remain. You would think you have enough enemies with out gratuitously pissing off possible friends.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:14:06 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Horse manure. If you didn't want the one to tie in with the other, you could have made separate posts. If your eyes aren't brown, you're a quart low.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe this will spur some states and some Congress Critters in DC to bring some legislation for nation wide Constitutional Carry so people can defend themselves from nut jobs like this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

Maybe this will spur some states and some Congress Critters in DC to bring some legislation for nation wide Constitutional Carry so people can defend themselves from nut jobs like this.
That's the angle pro-RKBA folks should take. Hopefully that will happen from a larger soapbox than this one.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's the angle pro-RKBA folks should take. Hopefully that will happen from a larger soapbox than this one.

I used to be one of those that believed honestly that the police were there to protect me the individual instead of their actual job of maintaining public order.

But after having seen how the criminals have been given free reign thanks to the Liberals...the restrictions placed on LEO's these days (again thanks to the Liberals) and four tours into combat zones...I've come to realize that the only one that will truly do everything possible to protect myself and my family is me.

You're right...that soapbox needs to be very very large.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Heard Ron DeSantis on Fox Business say that his office received either a phone or email(didn't hear which) that said Trump was next. He said that several other congressmen have received similar threatening communications.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Smokin Joe

Heard Ron DeSantis on Fox Business say that his office received either a phone or email(didn't hear which) that said Trump was next. He said that several other congressmen have received similar threatening communications.
If so, those threats should be taken very seriously, and security ramped up for all GOP Congressmen. Obviously, the Democrats are not being threatened, so they don't need any.  :nometalk:

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

Horse manure. If you didn't want the one to tie in with the other, you could have made separate posts. If your eyes aren't brown, you're a quart low.

Try again. The twisted nature of this guy's politics is one issue.

Hatred of the President being tossed around is another...though not unrelated...issue. Most of this comes from the Left, but not exclusively so. Too many are quick to dehumanize the President of the United States with terms like "orange monkey" or to demean his supporters with terms like "ignorant" and "mindless followers"...amongst other derogatives...and that kind of angry vitriol does help create an environment that is permissive of violence against Republicans. This shooter was a Left-wing NeverTrumper and those who take on a similar tone when discussing the president and politics are contributing to a dangerous context.

People may have the right to be angry and demeaning....to consider their political opponents to be evil...but they cannot pretend that doing so is without consequence. Today, we saw he consequence in action.

None of this shifts the blame from the scumbag who carried out this crime...but its also not wrong to understand the context within which he operated.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Hatred of the President being tossed around is another...though not unrelated...issue. Most of this comes from the Left, but not exclusively so. Too many are quick to dehumanize the President of the United States with terms like "orange monkey" or to demean his supporters with terms like "ignorant" and "mindless followers"...amongst other derogatives...and that kind of angry vitriol does help create an environment that is permissive of violence against Republicans. This shooter was a Left-wing NeverTrumper and those who take on a similar tone when discussing the president and politics are contributing to a dangerous context.

People may have the right to be angry and demeaning....to consider their political opponents to be evil...but they cannot pretend that doing so is without consequence. Today, we saw he consequence in action.

None of this shifts the blame from the scumbag who carried out this crime...but its also not wrong to understand the context within which he operated.

So, you're thinking he's been hanging out on conservative sites?  That's as idiotic as your first statement.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:37:49 am by Sanguine »

Offline Mesaclone

So, you're thinking he's been hanging out on conservative sites?  That's as idiotic as your first statement.

On the contrary, he almost certainly resides on Left wing nutjob sites. And those sites are adamantly NeverTrumpist. Which is precisely the point.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:40:56 am by Mesaclone »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

There it is. 

Non-Trump Supporters are just as responsible as the Leftist gunman for the 'environment' they created that puts Republicans at risk according to moronic statements like the above.

Thanks for making my entire point and confirming with your own words exactly what Smoking' Joe nailed you for in his observation.

And, I will second his comment that YOU are as bad as the effing Dems, if not moreso.

Offline DB

On the contrary, he almost certainly resides on Left wing nutjob sites. And those sites are adamantly NeverTrumpist. Which is precisely the point.

Are you really that simple minded?

I don't believe it - yet.

Online Smokin Joe

>snip<
Nice of you to finally add "Left-wing".

You have distorted that context by conflating Conservatives who found Trump too liberal with Liberals. NO ONE on the Right has a d@mned thing to do with this.

Your unnecessarily trying to make that association through the idea that a Bernie supporter who is politically diametrically opposed to Conservatives is one of us is unmitigated bullshit.

Don't weaselword it with the crap that anyone who wouldn't vote for Trump is on the same side.

It only undermines whatever shreds of credibility you might have.

So what is your purpose in needlessly and egregiously stirring up enmity here by unnecessarily taking a poke at the many people on this forum who did not support Trump? Making friends? Winning hearts and minds? We have been far more fair to him than you have been to us, and this is a GLARING example.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think this is  only a start of the hate boiling over.

I also think we would be seeing the same thing from the far right if H would have been elected.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

Are you really that simple minded?

I don't believe it - yet.
I am convinced that he views the political spectrum as those on the inside and those on the outside of his political bubble.

There is no spectrum, no need for thought beyond with 'em or again 'em.

That's how Christian Conservatives can be lumped in with a godless leftist maniac.

C S Lewis