Author Topic: Donald Trump’s UK state visit postponed  (Read 1251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump’s UK state visit postponed
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:08:18 pm »

The US president reportedly does not want to visit until he feels the British public would welcome him.

By Joanna Plucinska   

6/11/17, 3:33 PM CET

Updated 6/11/17, 3:35 PM CET

U.S. President Donald Trump won’t visit the U.K. until he feels the British public would welcome him, he told U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May in a phone conversation in recent weeks, the Guardian reports.

Trump didn’t want to spark public protests, he told May according to a Downing Street advisor quoted anonymously by the paper, potentially postponing the visit indefinitely.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan earlier this week called for the visit to be cancelled over the president’s comments in the aftermath of the London terrorist attacks.

“I don’t think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the U.S. in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” Khan told Channel 4 News Monday evening.

Trump was previously scheduled to visit the U.K. in October.

http://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trumps-uk-state-visit-postponed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Donald Trump’s UK state visit postponed
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
The US president reportedly does not want to visit until he feels the British public would welcome him.

Kinda like when hell freezes over?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 05:20:50 pm »

By Joanna Plucinska   

6/11/17, 3:33 PM CET

Updated 6/11/17, 3:35 PM CET

U.S. President Donald Trump won’t visit the U.K. until he feels the British public would welcome him, he told U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May in a phone conversation in recent weeks, the Guardian reports.

Trump didn’t want to spark public protests, he told May according to a Downing Street advisor quoted anonymously by the paper, potentially postponing the visit indefinitely.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan earlier this week called for the visit to be cancelled over the president’s comments in the aftermath of the London terrorist attacks.

“I don’t think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the U.S. in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” Khan told Channel 4 News Monday evening.

Trump was previously scheduled to visit the U.K. in October.

http://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trumps-uk-state-visit-postponed/

I think this may be a wise move by Trump.  His visit would undoubtedly create problems and they have way too many problems already.

They have managed to elect a mayor who is worse than the citizens of New York elected.

Unknowingly, this mayor gave Trump a huge compliment.

I admire Trump's restraint in this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »

Kinda like when hell freezes over?
The US and the UK do have a "special relationship" for several reasons. We defeated them in 1776-1783 and in 1812 to make certain our independence.

Next we saved their asses twice, in WWI and WWII, and some Paki-come-lately from their 3rd world colonies has nothing to do with that relationship.

Brits have looked down their noses at us, since the start. But they need us, more than we need them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 06:07:52 pm »
The US and the UK do have a "special relationship" for several reasons. We defeated them in 1776-1783 and in 1812 to make certain our independence.

Next we saved their asses twice, in WWI and WWII, and some Paki-come-lately from their 3rd world colonies has nothing to do with that relationship.

Brits have looked down their noses at us, since the start. But they need us, more than we need them.

They blame Frederick North under whose leadership caused the UK to  lose the colonies to a bunch of terrorists....  so they take it out on us!   LOL

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »

Plus we had a couple of close calls in the 1840's and during the Civil War.

I think that our founding fathers will be pleased that we had to save the UK twice..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:35:14 pm »
One problem is:  come August, the world doubts May will be PM.

An ugly internal battle is about to bubble over ... so let Britain figure out its leadership and what the hell it is prepared to do about terrorism ... before our leader makes the trip.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:37:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:44:40 pm »
One problem is:  come August, the world doubts May will be PM.

An ugly internal battle is about to bubble over ... so let Britain figure out its leadership and what the hell it is prepared to do about terrorism ... before our leader makes the trip.

Yeah British elections are a joke. Gigantic Fish Finger, bucket head, Darth Vader, Elmo......

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:45:08 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:12:20 pm »

Yeah British elections are a joke. Gigantic Fish Finger, bucket head, Darth Vader, Elmo......

Donald Trump, Vermin Supreme, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders.

Nah, nothing like that could ever happen here.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:29:14 pm »

No, the British elections are not a joke.  They're deadly serious.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:11:28 pm »
No, the British elections are not a joke.  They're deadly serious.

Yeah they are deadly alright.  While they are playing fish finger and bucket head the Islamic extremist are taking over.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 11:13:29 pm »

Yes, just like I said earlier.  I thought our elections were a circus. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 11:20:48 pm »

Indeed they do!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 11:22:01 pm »

Asking the obvious question......

Why does Vermin Supreme have a boot on his head??   :pondering:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 11:24:26 pm »
Yeah they are deadly alright.  While they are playing fish finger and bucket head the Islamic extremist are taking over.

Exactly @Chosen Daughter   Not everything is a joke.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 01:46:50 am »
Exactly @Chosen Daughter   Not everything is a joke.

No it isn't.  The Islamists are deadly serious and fish finger and bucket head don't match the threat.  If their government doesn't get serious and stop catering to extremism they will loose their freedom to be jokers for good.