Author Topic: Anti-Muslim ACT for America to Stage Marches Against ‘Sharia Law’ Nationwide  (Read 3017 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
News
Jun 10 2017, 6:24 am ET
Anti-Muslim ACT for America to Stage Marches Against ‘Sharia Law’ Nationwide

by Safia Samee Ali

CHICAGO — The nation’s largest anti-Muslim organization is spearheading several rallies across the country Saturday in what is slated to be the group’s largest protest against Islam.

The "March Against Sharia" is slated to take place in more than 20 cities, including New York, Dallas, and Atlanta.

The group at the helm of the marches is ACT for America, an anti-Muslim organization with over 525,000 members and has boasted of its close ties to President Donald Trump. ACT has been designated a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center for several years.

“ACT demonizes all Muslims as terrorists who want to subvert the political system in this country,” said Heidi Beirich, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center. They disseminate lies and fallacies about Muslims to spread fear about the religion, she added.

Continued: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anti-muslim-act-america-stage-marches-against-sharia-law-nationwide-n767386

List of rallies at the ACT website, Brigitte Gabriel's organization.

http://www.actforamerica.org/rally

I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:32:11 pm by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
ACT has been designated a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center for several years.

Meh. If you are to the right of Trotsky, the SPLC has you listed as a hate group.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is laudable but not my cup of tea.  Islam is my enemy. It is going to come down to a fight not of words.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
SPLC is a hate group.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
Meh. If you are to the right of Trotsky, the SPLC has you listed as a hate group.

I took a look at their list of "hate groups", and a good 85% are white groups, although many with good reason I'm sure.  However, they did manage to claim Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party as hate groups, though not Black Lives Matter.  But they did recognize White Lives Matter as a hate group.  I saw no anti-American Islamic groups, nor La Raza or other Hispanic groups.  It's a long list, perhaps I just missed them. 

In my opinion, the SPLC itself should be on that list.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
SPLC is a hate group.
Yep. Unfortunately, under Clinton they gained access to the halls of power as 'experts' on hate groups, and have had significant input there, even during Republican administrations, especially with the FLEAs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My best to the marchers.... 

We need some salvos sent toward the muzzle plague to let them know this is the Wild West....   not cowardly Europe
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
My best to the marchers.... 

We need some salvos sent toward the muzzle plague to let them know this is the Wild West....   not cowardly Europe

Sharia is antithetical to American values. It should not ever be accepted.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

I listened to a talk show where they were watching some of the protests live on the internet. The talk show host was saying the Antifas really try to bait the other side into acting unruly. Then, I vaguely heard about some reporter who was there for a conservative news source and she got intimidated, no violence against her but she decided she needed to go.

HonestJohn

Just to let you know who you're applauding:

In Texas, members of the group Sons of Odin will be attending the Houston event.  (Sons of Odin describes its beliefs as “closely aligned” with those of the Soldiers of Odin ― a white supremacist, anti-refugee vigilante organization.) And the neo-Nazi group White Lives Matter is set to attend the rally in Austin.

---

In Batesville, Arkansas, prominent neo-Nazi Billy Roper announced that he was organizing a “March Against Sharia” rally there.  Roper has been working hand in hand with ACT to organize this event, including joining a recent conference call with ACT leaders. Roper, who boasts of being the son and grandson of Klansmen, not only joined the neo-Nazi National Alliance, but also Council of Conservative Citizens.

---

In New York City, the lead speaker at the ACT anti-Muslim rally is Gavin McInnes, a man referred to by some as a hipster white nationalist. In reality he’s just as vile as the older generation of bigots. McInnes, a co-founder of VICE who left years ago, has written articles for the white supremacist publication VDARE, where he has denigrated Muslims as well as Asians.

He’s also an apologist for white supremacist terrorism. Just a week ago he penned an article titled “The myth of White terrorism” in which he claimed that white supremacist killings are as low as “death from spider bites.” McInnes also wrote that only five Americans have been killed in recent years by white terrorists, conveniently leaving out numerous other white supremacist terror attacks, the most notable being Roof’s murder of nine African Americans in 2015.
But to say McInnes, an avid Trump supporter, is simply a white supremacist who hates Muslims would be unfair. He’s much more despicable than that. McInnes has also blamed women for domestic violence, tweeting: “Every guy I've ever known to be involved in a ‘domestic’ was the result of some bleep trying to ruin his life.”

And he has stoked anti-Semitism with his YouTube video, “10 Things I Hate About Jews,” where among other things he slams Jews for not being grateful enough that America defeated the Nazis and claiming that Jews have “a real hatred for white males.”

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:20:22 pm by HonestJohn »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just to let you know who you're applauding:

Regrettable some these types of people took part.  By the way.....  in your research were all 100% of this type? 90%?, 50%?  25%? 

I'd doubt it is even close to the  majority   Same kind of comments were said and made about the Tea Party.   Open protest attract all kinds.....   even the one you'd not prefer to show up.  Still the cause to rid this country once and for all of Sharia practices is worth supporting.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:28:01 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

Regrettable some these types of people took part.  By the way.....  in your research were all 100% of this type? 90%?, 50%?  25%? 

I'd doubt it is even close to the  majority   Same kind of comments were said and made about the Tea Party.   Open protest attract all kinds.....   even the one you'd not prefer to show up.

Dismissing the lead speaker of the New York rally and the organizer of one in Arkansas... hmm.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Dismissing the lead speaker of the New York rally and the organizer of one in Arkansas... hmm.

Is that little manifesto  you cited your own creation?  Or from another source?  Sounds like quite a bit of opine it you ask me.  (SPLC as an example could make Jesus look like Hitler.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:47:26 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@HonestJohn

Scum like them should be rejected loudly. They are the proverbial rotten apple that will spoil the whole bushel.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@HonestJohn

Scum like them should be rejected loudly. They are the proverbial rotten apple that will spoil the whole bushel.

Exactly...   I still want to know what his source is before passing judgement.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Exactly...   I still want to know what his source is before passing judgement.

Since I had a spare 3 seconds .... the source is ultimately the SPLC. :tongue2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/march-against-sharia-anti-muslim-act-for-america_us_5939576ee4b0b13f2c67d50c

I'm not one to dismiss information from a source I don't like. I would like to see confirmation of these claims though.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:39:20 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Since I had a spare 3 seconds .... the source is ultimately the SPLC. :tongue2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/march-against-sharia-anti-muslim-act-for-america_us_5939576ee4b0b13f2c67d50c

Thanks EC....  Like I said earlier it had that written all over it..  From Huff Po no less.  Hate when Briefers bring bunk here.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Meh - might not be bunk. It's the sort of demo that would attract white power goombahs like flies to ... well, you know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Meh - might not be bunk. It's the sort of demo that would attract white power goombahs like flies to ... well, you know.

I sure hope that is not the case.  Hate to see a decent cause ruined by some bad elements.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I sure hope that is not the case.  Hate to see a decent cause ruined by some bad elements.

Looks like they are trying to distance themselves from the bad elements.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Islamophobia" is self defense. Islamophobia is a natural response to people who are actively trying to kill you. Islamophobia is a coherent, rational response to a real and immediate threat.

Anyone who is not 'Islamophobic' is either a stooge of the Left, or an idiot. Islam makes no apologies. They do not claim to be anything other than what they are. "We will kill you, or you will become our slaves." This is not me saying this, it is what they say, every day of every week, of every year, that we allow them to exist.

Am I an Islamophobe? You're damn right I am. Absolutely! And anyone who is not an Islamophobic is an idiot or a naive fool. I have been there. I have seen these assholes. If you want to go back to 700AD, then go. Leave me out of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"Islamophobia" is self defense. Islamophobia is a natural response to people who are actively trying to kill you. Islamophobia is a coherent, rational response to a real and immediate threat.

Anyone who is not 'Islamophobic' is either a stooge of the Left, or an idiot. Islam makes no apologies. They do not claim to be anything other than what they are. "We will kill you, or you will become our slaves." This is not me saying this, it is what they say, every day of every week, of every year, that we allow them to exist.

Am I an Islamophobe? You're damn right I am. Absolutely! And anyone who is not an Islamophobic is an idiot or a naive fool. I have been there. I have seen these assholes. If you want to go back to 700AD, then go. Leave me out of it.

That is the problem with them. They won't leave you out of it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That is the problem with them. They won't leave you out of it.

I'm not giving them that choice. I was not 'asking' them to do anything. It was a demand. They can do anything they want as long as it is far and away from me. But when they knock on my door. When they come close to me.

I wouldn't recommend it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

"Common Enemies"; just because some folks you don't like show up does not make the whole group bad.

We read about Islamic militants killing every day and on every continent but if one feels it is more important to discuss some skinhead types, go for it. Good to see HonestJohn back.

If these white supremacists were doing say, something similar to what Islam is doing and in fact, controlling a number of nations doing it with Sharia Law, I'd certainly protest these white supremacists, I might protest them for doing a lot less.

Offline TomSea

ACT is Brigitte Gabriel's organization, she reportedly is a Lebanese Christian who left there because of the civil war and persecution.

Joe Smoe in Peoria or in Texas or wherever these rallies were held may not be someone we have any idea about.