Author Topic: Indy Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad  (Read 15300 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Percent of population that is muslim:

*Israel 17.7%
Georgia 10.5
Bulgaria 7.8
France 7.5
Austria 6.8
Belgium 5.9
Greece 5.3
Sweden 5.0
Switzerland 5.0
Liechtenstein 4.8
UK 4.8
Denmark 4.1
Spain 4.1
Italy 3.7
Slovenia 3.6
Norway 3.0
Luxembourg 2.3
Germany 2.0-5.7
*Canada 1.9-3.2
*China 1.8
Croatia 1.4
Ireland 1.3
*US 0.8
Finland 0.8
Portugal 0.6

*Argentina 2.5
*Australia 2.2
*New Zealand 0.9

*Non Europe

Per Wikipedia
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:08:37 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

Not to take away from your points, but Mohammed did not write the Quran.  He spoke it for 23 years.  After his death, several of his companions compiled it into one document from what they had written down and remembered.

@thackney

Appreciate the way you put that.  I didn't want to introduce that concept into the response preferring at the time to go with the idea that Big mo wrote it.  Since thats a basic tenet of their faith I thought it better to avoid it at the time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, Christianity certainly does.
Kindly quote the scripture which says you must convert to Christianity or die.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Got it.  Skeeter, you're the only one savvy enough to understand what I was getting at.   Christians are just as fanatical as Muslims in insisting their way or the highway, if you seek life after death.
Sorry, chum, you even got that incorrect.

Christianity says there will be life after death.
It just says that life will be far more pleasant for those who believe than those who do not.

As far as this life goes, there is no mandate whatsoever to go killing people who do not believe in Christ.
Islam is wired a little differently, there.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Sorry, chum, you even got that incorrect.

You bastard.  I'm choking on a peanut ...turning blue and I don't know how to self Heimlich ....

Offline Suppressed

I believe portions of it were written down by others while Mohammed still lived.  It was compiled together into a single book after he died.

That was my understanding.  Thanks for clarifying..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:35:32 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

You bastard.  I'm choking on a peanut ...turning blue and I don't know how to self Heimlich ....
If you can still read this, walk around to the back of a chair, fold your hands on the back of it, tuck them into your stomach and abruptly sag your weight onto the chair.

If that doesn't work you should be out cold by now and maybe having an out of body experience. Kick yourself in the ribs a few times, that should knock it loose.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Climb up on your garage roof and belly flop onto your driveway. Works like a charm.

Offline BigU

• Dude
This is bigotry, pure and simple.   How would Christians react to a billboard slandering the Prince of Peace?
First of all, a false written statement is libel, not slander, which is spoken. Plus it's not libel or slander if what is written or spoken is true, such as in the case of this billboard.
BigU

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is bigotry, pure and simple.   How would Christians react to a billboard slandering the Prince of Peace?

They probably don't react at all.

Next?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

Next?

You are late to the Party.  Been in meetings?

Offline skeeter

Next?

Someone should contact the good folks at Ask-A-Muslim.com to prove their assertion.

Namely how Jesus can be a Muslim when Muhammad dreamed up his death cult 600 years after Jesus completed his three year earthly ministry and, to my knowledge, hasn't said anything since to contradict a word of it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:36:14 pm by skeeter »

Online DB

Can anyone here imagine someone trying to make the case that only the radical Nazis are the problem and that regular Nazis are just fine and should be welcomed into the county and not resisted?

I fail to see much difference.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
And.... the so-called "moderate, peaceful" Muslims don't exactly rise up and denounce each and every terrorist incident en masse.   Granted, they may be afraid to do so, but still.... how else can one take that refusal to denounce Islamic terrorism but as unspoken approval?

Been waiting since 9/11/2001 for the "peaceful moderate" muslims to turn in the jihadis among them. They haven't and they won't. Tacit complicity.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

Someone should contact the good folks at Ask-A-Muslim.com to prove their assertion.

Namely how Jesus can be a Muslim when Muhammad dreamed up his death cult 600 years after Jesus completed his three year earthly ministry and, to my knowledge, hasn't said anything since to contradict a word of it.

Probably because they accept Jesus as a prophet (just not the big cheese).

Offline skeeter

Probably because they accept Jesus as a prophet (just not the big cheese).

In other words, Jesus is a muslim because muslims say so.

They sound like progressives.

Oceander

In other words, Jesus is a muslim because muslims say so.

They sound like progressives.

I'm not disagreeing.  I find the claim more than a little far-fetched.

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm not disagreeing.  I find the claim more than a little far-fetched.
They claim Isa ibn Maryam (Jesus, Son of Mary) to be a prophet and messenger of God.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam  But not the Messiah.

C S Lewis

Oceander

They claim Isa ibn Maryam (Jesus, Son of Mary) to be a prophet and messenger of God.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam  But not the Messiah.

Exactly. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

When you visit Nazareth, the one thing that stands out is the Muslims with bull horns and pamphlets trying to sell people there on the ways of Islam.

Yup right there in the birthplace of Jesus.

And would you believe that not a single Muslim is harmed or threatened or beaten for what they are doing?

Now...imagine a group of Christians trying to do the same thing on a street corner in Gaza City.  Or Mecca.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

Exactly.

They also claim it's ok to have sex with sheep and goats as long as you don't sell the meat in your village.  You have to sell it in another village.

I don't buy that either

Offline skeeter

Exactly.

Its ironic - muslims vigorously defended Jesus during the 'Last Temptation of Christ' kerfuffle years back. I heard they consider Christ a prophet then and recall wondering why Christians never fought that energetically to defend their faith.

I'm sure one day soon we'll have no choice.