Author Topic: The easy trail that led the feds to Reality Winner, alleged source of NSA leak  (Read 316 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The easy trail that led the feds to Reality Winner, alleged source of NSA leak
By Derek Hawkins June 6 at 5:59 AM

Criminal investigations into national security leaks tend to be long, complicated and delicate affairs. Sources generally cover their tracks, especially in an era when even the most innocuous computer activity leaves an electronic trail. Leaks are common, but prosecutions aren’t.

Edward Snowden took extraordinary precautions when he leaked troves of classified information on surveillance activity by the National Security Agency to journalists and was charged only after he publicly revealed himself to be the source. Thomas Drake, a former NSA executive, wasn’t indicted for several years after he passed on details about fraud and waste at the agency to the Baltimore Sun. Originally accused of felony espionage, Drake pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of exceeding authorized use of a computer.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/06/the-easy-trail-that-led-the-feds-to-reality-winner-alleged-source-of-nsa-leak/?utm_term=.7d2b4977befa
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Just_Victor

Catching her was almost too easy.  Makes you wonder.... :tinfoil:
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.