Author Topic: White House: Trump will not assert executive privilege to block Comey's testimony  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

White House: Trump will not assert executive privilege to block Comey's testimony

By Louis Nelson

06/05/2017 02:17 PM EDT

Updated 06/05/2017 03:13 PM EDT

President Donald Trump will not invoke executive privilege in order to block former FBI Director James Comey from testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, deputy White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Monday.

“The president's power to exert executive privilege is very well established,” Sanders said at Monday’s White House press briefing. “However, in order to facilitate a swift and thorough examination of the facts sought by the Senate Intelligence Committee, President Trump will not assert executive privilege regarding James Comey's scheduled testimony.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/05/comey-trump-239146
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
My prediction - this will disappoint everyone.  When pressed about the 'memos,' Comey won't confirm any wrongdoing or clear suspicion.  He will say just enough to keep people on the left carping about it.  Everything he's ever said publicly has been duplicitous and contradictory. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My prediction - this will disappoint everyone.  When pressed about the 'memos,' Comey won't confirm any wrongdoing or clear suspicion.  He will say just enough to keep people on the left carping about it.  Everything he's ever said publicly has been duplicitous and contradictory.

My prediction is that Comey will not answer a single substantive question citing ongoing investigations.  This is exactly why he insisted his testimony be public to begin with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien